Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BigBeauty

Has your acne improved after increasing your bowel movements/regularity?

After maybe increasing your fiber intake (or even doing a cleanse) or however you got yourself to become more regular have you noticed any improvement in your skin? Either way, what did you try? What was your regularity and skin like before and after? I'm curious because the more I read I think this definitely could be a major factor to me and am looking for ways to get "moving". Please share (and don't be afraid to include the gory details)! Please share links of past threads also that might be relevant incase I haven't found them already. Thanks!

MY ACNE & INDIGESTION BACKGROUND:

My whole life I've ate horribly and haven't had a clear skin day since I was probably 14 (I'm 26 male now). My acne is persistant, it was mild in my teens and now moderate in my twenties. As you can see from my signature I've improved some lately. My diet was horrible my whole life and had a bowel movement once every 2 or 3 days (it wasn't uncommon to wait it out 5 days!). Bathroom trips were at least 10 to 15 minutes and the results were long, sometimes wide, hard and sinkers. Now in the past few months I'm eating much better, I go once a day which seems relatively "normal" but still have some problem days and I'd like to go 2-3 times a day as this seems more optimal/natural from what I'm reading.

Hey Big Beauty,

Your story sounds similar to mine. I am 23 though and I've been eating healthy for about a year now. I used to go every 3 days and I thought that was completely normal. This past year has been extremely frustrating in the bowel movement area for me. I started taking triphala and eating lots of fiber, it was helping. What I learned is that you have to be patient in seeing results. I wanted a quick fix, but you have to improve gradually.

I now go 1-2 times a day and I am on an intestinal cleanse made with herbs. I am aiming for 2-3 times for good health. I am not sure whether it is helping my skin because I recently went on accutane. But I am relatively clear and happy with my progress. Get some good books on detoxing and cleanses, knowledge is power :D

Hmm to increase movements without cleansing(removing built up plaque), excersie, water and take a souluble fiber suplement. That being said Eating well and getting 1-3 movments per day my skin cleared around 30% without cleansing. The rest I cleared up with numorous bowel detoxes (and some very bad eating inbetween) this cleard about another 20% so the last 50% was down to liver flushing and rebuilding (rebuilding takes awhile tho).

since the skin is one of the main elimination pathways for toxins i guess my increased fiber intake has helped with my skin (at least for areas other than my face)

i usually go once a day or once every day and a half and rarely constipated

1-2 apples per day

several slices of multigrain/whole wheat bread

fibrous veggies and legumes

Thanks for the info guys! Jen121, I know what you mean with going once every few days. Everyone would tell me that can't be right, but I thought it was great! What a luxury to not have to do the dirty deed that often as everyone else. Man, I've been naive...