Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

:D Hi, I'm new and I have a lot of questions! I have an oily T-zone and it is acne prone. I'm currently using topical treatments morning and night on dermatologist orders and it helps my forehead completely and most of my chin, but not my nose. My nose has been bumpy since around 5th grade. The pores are very stubborn and I've tried blackhead strips but they don't work. I'm not sure exactly what kind of acne I have. My chin is usually filled with little white stuff that comes out easily if I squeeze it so it's less noticable. My routine:

1.Wash with Aveeno foaming calming cleanser

2.Dry and apply Differin gel treatment

3.Moisturize with Cetaphil cream

4.Apply makeup (I doubt it has anything to do with my acne) I only wear blush and lipgloss.

At night:

1.Use a cleansing/makeup removing wipe (Neutrogena or Ponds) (or wash if I took a shower after exercising)

2.Apply Benzaclin (stronger) treatment that dries out the skin

3.Moisturize with Cetaphil cream

Are there any product(available in stores)/routine reccommendations? I'm looking for a cleanser that is suitable for sensitive skin and actually gets into the pores and removes the bacteria. TIA!

Guest Sincerely Me

Cetaphil and Dan's cleansers are my favorites. They both seem to do the job of removing everything and they both are great for sensitive skin.

Sound like black heads, or just clogged non-inflammed pores. I'd try a 2% salicylic acid toner on nose and chin only. If you are not sensitive to alcohol, Biore Triple Action Astringent is good.

Thankyou for your replies! I don't really like Cetaphil cleansers, but I will try the Biore astringent.

Be careful with alchohol based astringents. The alcohol will dry out and irritate your skin and irritated skin means breakouts,especially if you are using Differin. Thats why Dan does not recommend products with alcohol in them.

You should also ask SnowQueen about the wipes you are using. Is there an ingredient list? If you go to this thread [post=http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php?showtopic=102347]Click Here, and post the ingredients, SnowQueen is really good about answering our questions. If you read that entire thread, there is some valuable info on ingredients and skin irritants. I believe the Olay Cleanser you are using is one that is on the recommended product list.

You also may want to ask her if you can use Paula's Choice 1% or 2% BHA gel/liquid while using Differin. I just started using it for those little bumps on my jawline and around my hairline. It comes highly recommended and is getting awesome reviews. It works deep down in the pores to bring that crap out and clear your pores which reduces the bumps and big pores. I have been using it for a week and I am already seeing results. It's not noticable to everyone else yet but I can see it because I have my face in a mirror every night.

Educate yourself and read as many threads as possible about the kind of acne you have. These boards are full of valuable info and chances are someone has used the same products as you are and they will be honest about they results they had. Good Luck! I hope that you are acne free soon. Lorrie

Read this thread also. [post=http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php?showtopic=130593]Clearing Pores and Getting Rid of Tiny Bumps

I tried the Biore (bottle is empty) and it really didn't work. So then I bought a Clean and Clear one (stupid idea) and now I understand what Lorrie was talking about. The very next day, I woke up with tiny bumps all around my chin, where acne never was before. :wall: That will be discontinued. I'm reading more info posts and hopefully things will change. =]