Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
leahallegra

Microdermabrasion Appointment Tomorrow

I finally got an appointment to have microdermabrasion done tomorrow. I know a good amount about the procedure, but Id like to know your experiences with it. Did you get red? Any scabbing?

The only problem Im concerned about is I just had an unusually large monthly breakout (probably because I just changed BC hormone doses this month) in which the acne has gone away but it has left me with a good number of scabs on my face (15ish?) Will they not perform microdermabrasion if my skin has scabs on it?

Thanks for your answers. Im excited to finally try and get clear.

Jeez, the violence...

Microdermabrasion is good for evening out skin tone, getting rid of shallow scars and redmarks, as well as decreasing acne. Its very helpful for people with mild to moderate acne which is why Im going. It removes the top few layers of skin and unclogs blocked pores. Because it does remove the top layers of skin it evens out skin tone and gives smoother skin by removing those bumpies we tend to get. It peels out layers of dead cells which accumlate and can block pores. So it does do something but it wont permanently cure someone with acne, especially if they have moderate to severe acne. Microdermabrasion is done in a series and after 6ish of the treatments you get one once every 1-3 months.

But what Im really curious about is if they will perform the treatment tomorrow since I have some scabs on my face or will they make me wait to heal up. If anyone has this answer, please reply.

Pretty sure theyll just do it- i had it done with a buncha bad acne, compared to other treatments its pretty mild....this got me thinking, i actually have a coupon for a free microdermabrasion but i ignored it since i had fraxel done and had done it before...but oh well, why not use it, its free...

I finally got an appointment to have microdermabrasion done tomorrow. I know a good amount about the procedure, but Id like to know your experiences with it. Did you get red? Any scabbing?

The only problem Im concerned about is I just had an unusually large monthly breakout (probably because I just changed BC hormone doses this month) in which the acne has gone away but it has left me with a good number of scabs on my face (15ish?) Will they not perform microdermabrasion if my skin has scabs on it?

This is slightly in the wrong forum. sadgirl's reply was accurate in that most people on the scar forum have not seen improvement on actual scars. I seems to help for acne, red marks, and hyperpigmentation.

I don't know about the scabs.

This is slightly in the wrong forum. sadgirl's reply was accurate in that most people on the scar forum have not seen improvement on actual scars. I seems to help for acne, red marks, and hyperpigmentation.

I don't know about the scabs.

That would make sense because it only removes a few top layers of skin and Im guessing most people have deeper scarring than I. My acne was never horrible; moderate at its worst and so I was left with some scars but they were all very shallow. So for me microdermabrasion is a valid option for removing scars but not for people with deeper scarring.