Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hola127

Dry or moisturized skin for healing red marks?

When my skin is dry after cleansing and taking a shower, my red marks are not as inflamed as they are after I apply moisturizer. I know that wounds heal better when moisturized and not dry. But is it the same for red marks? Also, dry skin promotes peeling so maybe it works similary to exfoliating AHA lotions. Thanks

Lol thanks for the reply.

Now that I think about it, the bp slows the healing of marks and pimples in general. Maybe this is b/c it dries out the skin.

When your skin is dry, it may appear paler so the red marks may be less pronounced. Dry skin has a greater difficulty in healing itself, so I would say it would be bad for red marks in the end. Dry skin is also more prone to clogging, which, of course, is not a good thing. I would say moisturize. If you want, try a moisturizer with zinc oxide for the sunscreen agent. It will finish with a matte, whiter appearence and may make your red marks look better. It is sort of like cover up in that regard.

dry skin = irritated skin (cracking ect) which can lead to slow healing/more acne

moisturised/supple skin (only if moisturiser isnt harsh/comedogenic ect) = healthy skin :) which leads to renewal of skin cells being quicker, so clearer skin sooner :)