Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
acne_battle

Any Advice On How I Can Prevent Pimples From Growing Back Ugly, Painful Puss?

Last night I popped a pimple that was growing disgusting, ugly puss. I then put ice on it and after I washed my face I used ACV, BHA 2% gel, and I put bp on that one pimple. This morning I looked in the mirror and it grew back that disgusting puss. Its huge! Does anyone have any advice on how I can prevent pimples from growing back ugly, painful puss? Is there anything I can put on the pimple? Im tired of this. It happens to me all the time and I dont know why :shrug: I dont want to look ugly when I go to work :( People stare at me

Hi Molly,

This is what i posted on the other thread. Doing the below helped me in some ways and i certainly hope it can help you too!

this is what worked for me to prevent outbreak of acne or to reduce cystic acne.

Fill a basin with warm water then add 4-5 drops each of camomile and lavender essential oil. I got mine from bodyshop.

Then use a cloth soak in the basin and pat over the whole face 10x. For those cysts on your face, also focus on patting them but be gentle!

Anyway i notice that it did help me to reduce my cysts quite amazingly!

****Please do read up the literature inside. If i am not wrong, these 2 types of essential oils might not be suitable for pregnant women, people with hypertension or any other conditions which i can't remember****

Good luck and let me know your results

Hi Molly,

This is what i posted on the other thread. Doing the below helped me in some ways and i certainly hope it can help you too!

this is what worked for me to prevent outbreak of acne or to reduce cystic acne.

Fill a basin with warm water then add 4-5 drops each of camomile and lavender essential oil. I got mine from bodyshop.

Then use a cloth soak in the basin and pat over the whole face 10x. For those cysts on your face, also focus on patting them but be gentle!

Anyway i notice that it did help me to reduce my cysts quite amazingly!

****Please do read up the literature inside. If i am not wrong, these 2 types of essential oils might not be suitable for pregnant women, people with hypertension or any other conditions which i can't remember****

Good luck and let me know your results

Something else you might try in the evening -

Try a warm salt water compress (sea salt or epsom salt). Mix salt in the warm water and soak a cotton ball in the mixture. Apply the cotton ball to the pimple. Do this several times, for 5-10 min. It may sting a little, but it should help draw any of the pus out of the pimple (and salt is also anti-bacterial). I used this method a few months ago to help kill a deep chin pimple that wouldn't go away. It also helps dry out the spot.

You can ice afterwards to bring down the redness and swelling.

I'd recommend doing this at night, as it might leave the spot a little red. Seems to work pretty well though.

I am going to move this thread to the mild-moderate acne forum -

Try a warm salt water compress (sea salt or epsom salt). Mix salt in the warm water and soak a cotton ball in the mixture. Apply the cotton ball to the pimple. Do this several times, for 5-10 min. It may sting a little, but it should help draw any of the pus out of the pimple (and salt is also anti-bacterial). I used this method a few months ago to help kill a deep chin pimple that wouldn't go away. It also helps dry out the spot.

I'd recommend doing this at night, as it might leave the spot a little red. Seems to work pretty well though.

I dont have cotton balls at the moment. Can I just dip it in a papertowel? How many parts sea salt should I use and how many parts water?

Thanks so much for the recommendation. I will try this after I eat my dinner and if I have anymore questions along the way I will write them here

I finished the sea salt soak. I decided to use a washclothe. It worked! Yay! I hope it doesnt come back overnight. It probably wont since you are smart and recommended it :wub:

I finished the sea salt soak. I decided to use a washclothe. It worked! Yay! I hope it doesnt come back overnight. It probably wont since you are smart and recommended it :wub:

^ The sea salt thing seems like a good idea... have you ever used it on a zit that hadn't been popped yet? Do you think it would work the same?

^ The sea salt thing seems like a good idea... have you ever used it on a zit that hadn't been popped yet? Do you think it would work the same?

It really worked last night! For the third time, thank you so much :lol: Im gonna do this on cystic pimples from now on. Kim, where did you learn about this sea salt, water thing anyway?

It really worked last night! For the third time, thank you so much :lol: Im gonna do this on cystic pimples from now on. Kim, where did you learn about this sea salt, water thing anyway?

I think it was from a combination of sources. My esthetician mentioned that a couple of her clients used salt water to clear body acne. I also found the salt method when I was searching the internet for acne treatment info. Since salt is antibacterial, and is used by doctors to clean surgical wounds and to draw out pus from infections on the body, I figured it might work well for a pimple (since it is basically just a pus filled wound). I think there have been a few threads on this board on salt too.

Glad to hear that it worked for you! I haven't had any really bad spots since I tried this the last time (not complaining about that...), so I never had the chance to try it again. I think Bobbi (an acne.org member who hasn't been around for awhile) said this worked for her a couple of times too.

is it SEA salt or can it just be.....salt i have in the kitchen? and if it needs to be this SEA salt, where do i get it? i have this one annoying one in between my eyes ....and id love to salt it up nice and right lol

thanks.

is it SEA salt or can it just be.....salt i have in the kitchen? and if it needs to be this SEA salt, where do i get it? i have this one annoying one in between my eyes ....and id love to salt it up nice and right lol

thanks.

thanks.

Sea salt or epsom salt are better. I'd avoid using iodized salt (which is what people usually have in their kitchen).

this has been happening to me a lot recently - they pop accidentally (seriously - without me ever touching them), scab over, then fill up again. I have two ugly spots on my face right now that are doing this.

I'll try the salt thing, but in addition, is BP a bad thing to put on an opened pustule?