Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

hey guys im just wondering what i can do to reduce keliod scarring.. im currently doing injections into the scars to flatten them.. but once they will be flat they will still be discolored and will eventually turn whitish... does anyone know if there is a way to reduce this effect.. like by chemical peels or seomthing?

thanks

Yeah,I think I have keloids,too. My derm told me that the next step would be chemical peels.

Would this be just as effective without having to get injections?

I am an African-American and I've heard that the peels work very effectively for darker skin tones.

so im currently doing the scar injections... but the scars will still be there and they will be discolored when they are flat.. will peels help to get rid of the scars as well? or just ipl? any alternatives?

thespian thnx for the reply and how much did the ipl cost? does it hurt?

;)

so im currently doing the scar injections... but the scars will still be there and they will be discolored when they are flat.. will peels help to get rid of the scars as well? or just ipl? any alternatives?

thespian thnx for the reply and how much did the ipl cost? does it hurt?

;)

No idea,man. But I've read that African-Americans tend to develop keloids most frequently, and that chemical peels are supposed to work very well for these types of scars.

I'm not sure if these are keloids that I have or not, but they do fit the description since they are raised,brown,and rough-textured.

Ops sorry guys haven't checked back...well IPL costs $250 per session in Singapore (US$156.25).

Yes, you must have the injections to flatten the scars first. The injection I had was a cortisone injection, a type of steroid. It apparently relaxes the skin cells so it stretches out. Correct me if I'm wrong there, I'm no medicine student.

The IPL is great for the discolouration. I haven't tried chemical peels so I would rather not give any comments there.

thespian,was that second paragraph in reply to my post? If so, is it still possible AT ALL to get the scars flattened with just a chemical peel?

Does injections work very well for hypertrophic scarS? or is gel silicone sheets better?

thespian,was that second paragraph in reply to my post? If so, is it still possible AT ALL to get the scars flattened with just a chemical peel?

Ah,ok. I'm just wondering because that was one of the next courses of action she said would be taken if Azelex didn't help any (and so far it hasn't.).

I'm just hoping she isn't giving me stuff that doesn't work just so I can keep coming back and spending more money out of my pocket. But since I've read up on scars and treatments and have heard input from some of you guys,then I can go in knowing what I am talking about and perhaps getting a different treatment.

She seemed shocked last time I went that I knew about various skin conditions/treatments. :wacko:

Well we'll see,I suppose. I'll have to ask her questions to see if that is the best option.

wuts a keloid? from wut i hear in this thread. i might have that. i have like a raised surface. like old acne scaring and its red,pink, and white in coloration at the same time. is that wut wut we're talking about here?

yep.. a raised scar is a keliod..

i also wanted to ask.. after you get the injections and the scar is flat.. will the peels help with the discolouration and get your skin back to normal?

What about chemical peels on hypertrophic scars?

After examining these scars (if that's what they are) in the mirror this morning and remembering what I've read about scars, these are DEFINITELY not keloids that I have, since keloids expand beyond the point of the pimple,and these marks I have DO NOT.

Plus,they're only SLIGHTLY raised...less than your average pimple is,even.

So would chemical peels be effective on these?