Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I know that 99% of this stuff is about red marks on the face (which for me are usually gone within a month; some stubborn big ones take up to 12 weeks but that seems short compared to some of your marks on here).

Anyway, this mark is located on an area that one would not associate red marks with--the lower arm near the wrist. It's about as big as a medium-size mole and was caused by a nasty stray pimple that missed my back or face and was active last fall.

This mark hasn't faded a whole lot since I had it and I was wondering if the rate for arm pimples is less than that of the face. As with almost everyone on this board, I use better soap for the face (usually Brevoxyl but I use Cetaphil after workouts or if I feel I need to wash in the middle of the day) than I do the arms. Could the use of regular deoderant soap be the cause of this one lasting a while? The only thing that goes against this is that if I get a pimple on my chest it fades really quickly and I use regular soap there all the time.

I also never used my Duac on this zit mostly because I didn't want it to bleach long sleeve clothing. Maybe the long sleeves hurt it?

It's really no big deal but it hasn't faded as quickly as a redmark normally does for me so I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this problem on an area such as the arm. There's a smaller one on the other arm that's been there longer and is more pink than red now--it's sort of a mauve shade.

Just looking for other peoples' stories, experiences, or input on this crazy redmark, perhaps the oddest one to be written about on this forum (if you can top it in terms of obscurity by all means let me know!)