Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
resurectionisneeded

Time between fraxel sessions

Ladies and Gents,

Im going in for my first Fraxel session on the 18th of April .... any recomondations as to the space between each? ..

ie:

Date Action Day start

1847 Fraxel 2 #1 Wednesday

957 Fraxel 2 #2 Thursday

0667 Fraxel 2 #3 Wednesday

677 Fraxel 2 #4 Friday

387 Fraxel 2 #5 Friday

Is 1 month apart from my 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th enough\too much time?

very interested in your thoughts.

Bob

Oh for those of you that cant work out my numbers

1847 = 18th of the 4th 2007 .... 9th of 5th 2007

cheers

I think you have the right idea about the time in between Fraxels.

It also depends on how agressive you are with your sessions.

I think that any where from 3 - 4 weeks is a good rule of thumb.

Some people may say that 2 weeks is best, but with more time

between, you can guage your progress better, since all the microswelling will be down. Then you can see how effective the treatments have been and how much more agressive, or less agressive, your treatments should be.

Hope this helps, good luck~

Annde

Peoples any issues with 3 week between treatments? .. im trying to work out the most effiecent route to have 5 done .....

If I can do them every weeks then i can get 5 done in less that 4 months.....

Anymore thoughts? .. i see being are viewing this page though only annde has responded.

Thanks chaps.

Peoples any issues with 3 week between treatments? .. im trying to work out the most effiecent route to have 5 done .....

If I can do them every weeks then i can get 5 done in less that 4 months.....

Anymore thoughts? .. i see being are viewing this page though only annde has responded.

Thanks chaps.

Think mine will probably have to be more spaced out than that. Possibly upto 6 weeks due to my work commitments. Hopefully this won't affect the results but like Annd says it will hopefully mean I will be better positioned to judge the results.

3 to 4 weeks is what my doctor recommended. I can't imagine doing them any closer together then 3 weeks.

3 to 4 weeks is what my doctor recommended. I can't imagine doing them any closer together then 3 weeks.

My PS said 1-4 weeks apart and she feels more cumulative results occur with closer treatments. I began with them 2 weeks apart, my last 3 were all 1 week apart. I tend to be more aggresive and I prefer 1 week apart. HOWEVER, I should mention I am only spot-treating my excision scar. If doing full face I'd probably go 2-3 weeks. I HAD NO DOWN TIME AND NO NUMBING AGENTS. No pain, just a very warm sensation. 6 passes, 20-35mj 125 density. Began 1/23/07 ended 3/13/07 having plasma 4/9-will have downtime with that about 5 days she said.

My PS said 1-4 weeks apart and she feels more cumulative results occur with closer treatments. I began with them 2 weeks apart, my last 3 were all 1 week apart. I tend to be more aggresive and I prefer 1 week apart. HOWEVER, I should mention I am only spot-treating my excision scar. If doing full face I'd probably go 2-3 weeks. I HAD NO DOWN TIME AND NO NUMBING AGENTS. No pain, just a very warm sensation. 6 passes, 20-35mj 125 density. Began 1/23/07 ended 3/13/07 having plasma 4/9-will have downtime with that about 5 days she said.

For me-- at 1 or 2 week intervals, my the spot treated area never had any broken skin, after a few days it was flaky, never peeled- and I was treated up to 35mj. There may not be a clear answer to how far apart to space, and I'm sure it's different with each patient. For me, I feel the closer the treatments the better result.

I had my second Fraxel 2 weeks to the day and hour after my first. I am now 48 hours past the second, and I can tell you from personal experience that I think 2 weeks is too close. I don't think I fully healed from the first and the redness is twice as intense this time. I am going stir crazy inside my house, whereas the shut-in time the first time didn't really bother me. I scheduled the third three weeks out but think I will change that to 4 weeks out. According to my Fraxel nurse time in between makes no difference (although of course no one really knows).

Just wondering, if you dont manage to keep the time consistent between each fraxel treatment, will the results be less effective?

Its just that its so expensive at times to afford it every month.

Just wondering, if you dont manage to keep the time consistent between each fraxel treatment, will the results be less effective?

Its just that its so expensive at times to afford it every month.

Zonk, no one likes to wait mate.

1 month between sessions i long enough for me :)

I agree, best to wait until you can follow it through to the end.

I wasnt argueing that point to wait, rather i was just saying that we all hate waiting :)

Ive got my frist Frax on the 18th of this month. been waiting a month as they sent the unit to the states to get it upgraded.. im sure once i do my first session space between will go fast.

for me 4 weeks + was needed because it took me a while to heal I think. Redness did not entirely dissapate until 2 1/2 weeks. Also, I agree with waiting to see how much progress you have made, because until about three weeks your skin looks very thin and fragile, sorty of grity also. however, I wonder if you were to wait a lesser amount of time, the next treatment would penetrate deeper and break up scar tissue further down? I'm not sure. I found that when I waited longer the treatment was much less painful. In fact all treatments were tough to get through except the last one which I waited three months between it and one before it and this one didnt even hurt really. I did get them to put on extra numbing cream though so maybe that helped...