Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AdventureswithAccutane1

Will I have to get a pregnancy test?

If im only 15 and not sexually active will I be required to take a pregnancy test before being allowed to take Accutane? Also, will I have to take birth control? I'm not too keen on the whole birth control thing...

(I go to the derm Tuesday, but I'm alitte impatient about starting it, and knowing that I'd have to wait for preggie tests and whatnot would be a real pain... :doubt: )

And will I have to do the whole IPLEDGE thing?

Unless you live in Canada...

If im only 15 and not sexually active will I be required to take a pregnancy test before being allowed to take Accutane?

Yes.

Also, will I have to take birth control?

Yes.

Yes.

If im only 15 and not sexually active will I be required to take a pregnancy test before being allowed to take Accutane? Also, will I have to take birth control? I'm not too keen on the whole birth control thing...

No, you can choose abstinence and condoms... two forms of birth control do NOT have to include the pill.

But yes, if you're in the US there is no getting around iPledge.

No, you can choose abstinence and condoms... two forms of birth control do NOT have to include the pill.

I didn't think they took people's word for it.

My bad. ;)

I didn't think they took people's word for it.

My bad. ;)

Most doctors won't take your word for it. The iPLEDGE booklet states..."For this program, all female patients of childbearing potential must fully commit to pregnancy prevention. Abstinence without appropriate contraception is not recommended for patients in the iPLEDGE program who are or have been sexually active."

Even though you tell the doctor you are not sexually active, he/she may still want you on 2 forms of bc. It prob depends on the doc. One doctor I went to told me she wouldn't even prescribe Accutane to a teenage girl period.

Good Luck! :angel: