Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SarahRP

Yasmin Making Acne Worse??

Hey girls--

Does anyone think that Yasmin could possibly make your acne worse? I went on Yasmin to help my acne 3 months ago, I dont know if its worse or it was this bad before... I think its pretty much the same as it was before I went on it. The first month I had a really bad IB but now Im back to my normal breakouts. Should I switch BC or maybe just go off BC all together?

Im also on Spiro, Tazorac, Clindamycin and Duac which arent working....

How long have you been taking spiro and at what dose? It can take several months to see an improvement with acne. Also how long have you been using the topicals? retinoids can cause purging in the first couple of months.

How long have you been taking spiro and at what dose? It can take several months to see an improvement with acne. Also how long have you been using the topicals? retinoids can cause purging in the first couple of months.

Yasmin is making my acne worse to! I absolutely hate it. Ive been on it for six months which is long enough. Ive finally gone off of it now

How bad is you acne? You should probably wait..tane is a last resort.

Id say my acne is moderate. I seem to get new pimples everyday and have tried almost every med out there! I know Accutane is a last resort, but I feel like being on Spiro is a waste if its not working. It seems to make me very tired, so its not worth it unless my acne is cured! Have you been on Tane?

I broke out much worse on OTC then when I was off it. I went from two pustules a month to literally 10 at once (at three months of use). I stopped taking it and I've been off for three weeks or so. Right now I'm taking green tea supplements and just using olay cleansing clothes. I can't tell you how much my skin has calmed down. My skin hasn't been oily in two weeks.

OTC used to work for me and I ordered Yasmin but haven't started it yet. I'm letting my body 'detox' for a few months first.