Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
rychu

my regimen log

I had a massive breakout last January and until now, I still feel it. I've consulted 2 dermas already but to no avail. So, I think it's best to just do it on my own. Best way is to log it here too!

For starters, here's my regimen:

Morning

- wash face with tea tree oil soap

- apply clindamycin

- apply 5% BP (Benzac)

Evening

- wash face wtih tea tree oil soap

- apply clindamycin

- apply 5% BP (Benzac)

I just started today and I hope that this helps. If you have comments in my regimen like it's too strong or the wrong combination, just send out a holler! :)

PS: Will start with Centrum complete tomorrow for vitamins! =)

good luck!

benzac is prescription right?

oh and remember if your face gets dry remember to get a moisturizer

good luck!

benzac is prescription right?

oh and remember if your face gets dry remember to get a moisturizer

Just an update, my face is like melting because I am peeling already. :( I just wish once my skin peel off, I'll have clear skin. Yeah, right.

Anyway, just a background, my acne is concentrated on my left and right cheeks with more "action" happening on my right. Also, around my mouth and chin area are my problem areas. Beyond that, it's pretty much clear making me wonder why actually.

When I woke up, I had 4 white heads in my mouth area. :( But no new red bumps since they are all shrinking due to the regimen.

Setback only is the excessive peeling of skin. That's for today.

hmm if your skin is peeling you need some moisturizer ASAP. maybe something is too irritating in your regimen but i havent heard of most of it. I would start with dishing the tea tree soap and using goats milk soap. good luck

from my own experience, i never got clear if my skin peeled. it did seem good at first because it peeled a couple red marks off =] BUT i broke out bad after a week. be gentle be gentle

hmm if your skin is peeling you need some moisturizer ASAP. maybe something is too irritating in your regimen but i havent heard of most of it. I would start with dishing the tea tree soap and using goats milk soap. good luck

from my own experience, i never got clear if my skin peeled. it did seem good at first because it peeled a couple red marks off =] BUT i broke out bad after a week. be gentle be gentle

My original regimen was a complete disaster. :( I had to stop immediately due to the break out.

What I am doing now is the following:

- AM -

Wash face with Neutrogena Extra Gentle Cleanser

Put 2.5% BP on affected areas where breakout is frequent (mouth area)

- PM -

Wash face with Neutrogena Extra Gentle Cleanser

Put 2.5% BP on affected areas where breakout is frequent (mouth area)

So far, my cheeks are healing well with no new acne build up. As for the mouth area which has become a problem area for me, I am getting 2-3 whiteheads daily but they are petering out I think. I will update soon.

I haven't updated this log for quite some time.

Here's the routine that I have been following so far:

- AM -

Wash face with Ivory soap

2.5% Panoxyl

Olay Total Effects

- PM -

Wash face with Ivory soap

2.5% Panoxyl

Olay Total Effects

So far, this regimen has controlled my breakout. I love Total Effects! It's not greasy and it has SPF already. :) Problem now is the scarring but hopefully, they will soon fade away.