Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Geddybear

bad bad skin! Bad mood.

Well I am far from a happy bunny. My skin is awful. I have never had skin this bad and I am in my 9th week of tane! It is scabby, crusty and just plain awful. It cleared up but all of a sudden...... I look like someone has just attacked my face with something. I have also had active acne in last 7 days which I thought had stopped.

What is going on? I have made an appointment with my derm for Thursday and hopefully t=he will sort it out. I also had a big cyst which I have never had before on my chin, I look like a bloody scarecrow!

I am so so so down about it, I just hope this can hapen and its not just me................. AAARGH.

I was still getting breakouts in my 11th week and I was on 80mg my entire course. Everyone reacts differently to the drug, just hang in there! Once I got to about the 12th week I had no active spots suddenly and have yet to have one a month post tane. I've heard of people still being active and not seeing improvements until after their course is done so you just have to be patient.

I know it is just so so disheartening. I feel like a whole week has gone by and I have just been so moody about it all, I am not depressed but my mood has altered so much by the acne. I feel as if I cant look anyone in the eye due to lack of conidence. The main thing is that my skin was nowhere near as bad as it is now before Roaccutane. I guess as you said, it just takes time and maybe I am having another breakout. ( I hope so).

What do you wash your face with? anything to recommend?

x

during my course i only used Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser...good luck and dont worry too much - i broke out a little late in my course myself

still got bad skin, still got bad mood. Oh well you have to laugh or you would just cry all the time wouldn't you? Nightmare skin. It is drying up again now but still annoying me.

I also have a few active spots on my back and I have never had 1 before on my back, I just hope this is the storm before the calm>>>>>>>>please! I feel so ugly.

Hang in there hun. Tane is a roller coaster full of ups and downs. I know the frustration of finally clearing, feeling confident and then before you know it being totally broken out again. Its totally worth it in the end, you just have to ride out of the bad.

I know, its just sooo hard. I have to be on show all the time with my job and I feel this just makes me look bad and feel bad.

Hi,

thought I would just update you a little on the scabs that were taking over my face, well I went to my normal doc yest and he said I had an allergy to something, I have just used a new moisturiser and it must be that as I only got them the day after using it. I did think at the time it was a bit stingy"!!!! idiot that I am. Well no more new cream..... sticking to what works from now on. Bloody allergy, what is the world coming to with idiots like me!!! lol.

I thought itb was a bit severe for it to be a breakout. I have got derm appointment on Thurs so I can already imagine his face when he sees mine...... bet he retracts all the nice compliments ha ha.

I have taken some piriton and the swelling has gone down. Funnily enough, the scabs are flaking now. That little old Roaccutane is shifting the babies.

Well will keep posting about this until it is a acne free face!!!!

Been to the derm today and he said that my skin was getting better by far. Well he is the professional so I take his word for it. I have just got my 3rd Prescription and next month could be my last one but he did say he will only decide that at the end of next month.

I spoke to one lady in reception whom was getting ytane too and her acne has gone, and she showed me photos of before and I must say, it was severe. All she had left was a little scar on her nose. She was flawless.

I am just aiming to see big results now in the next 8 weeks!!!!

Flawless (ish) skin.... Here I come x