Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
xec

Need help with aspirin masks

How to make one? Take a couple aspirin tablets, mix with some water, and crush it up into a paste with a spoon is my guess, am i missing anything?

also, how did it help you? any improvements, or did it cause a breakout

Guest Sincerely Me
How to make one? Take a couple aspirin tablets, mix with some water, and crush it up into a paste with a spoon is my guess, am i missing anything?

also, how did it help you? any improvements, or did it cause a breakout

Take 5-8 aspirin which work well for me, put it in a little paper cup or something. Then, get warm water, use your fingers to drop the water into the cup (or use a VERY light flow to drizzle some water in) and let the tablets dissolve. You can help it along by "stirring" with your fingers, swishing the cup around, or perhaps adding a bit more water. Next, apply it to your face like a mask, leave on for 30 minutes, or until you start sneezing - whichever you prefer.

Did it help me? Yes. It makes your skin glowy and very soft. Can definitely dry out some zits as well. No breakout.

I used to use aspirin masks, but always kind of wondered how much of it I was absorbing through my skin. Would you swallow 5-8 aspirin at a time? Probably not. So why would you want to put that much on your skin where it can be absorbed into your system? I looked it up and there are doctors out there who caution against this method for the same reason. They also say it isn't good to expose your skin to pure aspirin because it is abrasive and the chemicals in it can actually prematurely age and damage your skin.

So if it works for you, maybe just don't use any more tablets than you would normally swallow? Just something to think about....