Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I'm not saying its a good thing. Believe me, I'll be glad when my face clears up.

But, Acne can be to your advantage.

I like to think of acne as a filter. It can filter out people who are dicks and people who are understanding.

It's really how you look at it. Something positive can come out of something bad.

Guest Kimmay

true.......................................

but

acne sucks :(

btw is that you in your av? you look good :wub:

i absolutely agree, captaintoenail (haha)

i'm really happy the friends i have right now aren't superficial and could give a crap on how my skin looks.

Thank God I have good friends! They never make any comments and treat me totally normal. They're very supportive when I'm feeling shitty about my skin, which is often, and they won't take no for an answer when I say I don't want to go out because of a breakout. Now, if I can only find a boyfriend like that! :pray:

i used to not care about my skin. i knew who i was and nothing was gonna change that. then one day my friends commented on my acne... and sorta poked fun about it. ever since then, my feelings about acne changed a lot... so has my relationship with my ex friends.

anywho, i totally agree with your thread. ive made numerous of friends who like me for me and like to just hang out with me. as bad as my acne is/was over the past few years, i still managed to date a few beautiful women. and teh wierd part... i normally lock myself up in my house if i have a bad breakout, but all the times ive told myself "F*** it... im going out adn i dont care wut i look like" and went out just to have fun... i ended up meeting a nice girl.

i agree that it weeds out the superficial friends and shows u who really like u... for u.

but then again, i do believe its all about attitude. but a clear face would be fantastic 2

i used to not care about my skin. i knew who i was and nothing was gonna change that. then one day my friends commented on my acne... and sorta poked fun about it. ever since then, my feelings about acne changed a lot... so has my relationship with my ex friends.

anywho, i totally agree with your thread. ive made numerous of friends who like me for me and like to just hang out with me. as bad as my acne is/was over the past few years, i still managed to date a few beautiful women. and teh wierd part... i normally lock myself up in my house if i have a bad breakout, but all the times ive told myself "F*** it... im going out adn i dont care wut i look like" and went out just to have fun... i ended up meeting a nice girl.

i agree that it weeds out the superficial friends and shows u who really like u... for u.

but then again, i do believe its all about attitude. but a clear face would be fantastic 2

yeah, I'm like that most of the time to where I don't care anymore. My friends don't care about my face so I feel alright when I'm around them

but still, being free of acne would be totally awesome!! 110% boost in confidence, 120% boost in ego, 130% more likely to be yourself in public, and u'll look damn sexy!