Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I know this has been touched on, but is there any correlation (sp?) between chewing and pimples around the mouth area? I know there's lots of bacteria under your nails and whatnot so I was wondering if anyone else suffers from this? Around 75% of the pimples I get nowadays are around my mouth and I'm quite sure it's due to my excessive chewing lol

i chew my nails and skin around the nails very often yet i'm clear around the mouth and all my acne is further up like my temples so to me there is no correlation

Guest Sincerely Me

Brad <33

There may be a correlation, but I don't seem to have one with myself. I don't do it anymore, but it was one of my bad habits in high school, and I have never had a problem around my mouth.

Thanks for the replies.

BTW Deena - Is there any special way you kicked it for good or.....? I've been chewing my nails since like I was 10 years old and while I can stop for a few weeks, sometimes I just get bored and start chewing again. My self-control sucks

Guest Sincerely Me
Thanks for the replies.

BTW Deena - Is there any special way you kicked it for good or.....? I've been chewing my nails since like I was 10 years old and while I can stop for a few weeks, sometimes I just get bored and start chewing again. My self-control sucks

Guest Sincerely Me
Thank you my dear. I'll definitely have to look into that.