Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tamlanticyen

Emu oil vs Jojoba oil

Guest stacia

Can I add one more thing? Jojoba oil is easier to find and cheaper, if that makes any difference.

In theory they both should do the same thing, but emu oil should be a little more potent and help against scars and redness more...Jojoba oil is more for moisturizing. Honestly I mix them both together to save money and get the benefits of both.

I was wondering the same thing tonight. I bought some emu oil from Aubrey Nicoles and was wondering if this would make me break out. I seem to be getting these nice red bumps and milia since my Fraxel treatments but my skin is a little dehydrated from the topicals I'm using so I wanted to try one of these oils but I'm frightened it's going to break me out.

I've used both... I haven't seen any difference in effectiveness between them... however, I do prefer the consistency of emu oil. It is creamier and absorbs into the skin better - that lovely clean and moisturized look. Jojoba oil - even in the tiniest amount - makes me look oily for some reason. I find that despite using it, my skin looks dry too...