Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I think this goes here...Anyway, I just need some quick answers, if you were taking a vitamin/multivitamin supplement (in my case Salmon oil and Centrum's mulitvitamin) would you take them in the morning or the evening just before bed? I'm asking this because my mom says that you need the vitamins when you sleep because your growing/resting/etc, but my dad takes them in the morning right after breakfast. So, I'm confused, does it really matter?

I take a multi in the morning, because it's somewhat like breakfast... your body is looking for all those nutrients since you were resting for those 8 hours with nothing. But again, with things like fish oil, I spread it through the day, making my heaviest doses in the morning and evening before I sleep. It all depends on how I feel.

Like with fish oil I take 6 to 8 a day (I fluctuate). So mostly 2 in the morning, 2 through the day, and 2 at night with omega 3 rich foods more in the morning.

^Hmm, interesting, I read the link in your sig and it seems very plausible. I'll give it a try soon, thanks for the help.

Centrum is such cheap crap. Read some health books, go to a HEALTH food store, don't just buy some dumb leading brand sold at every drugstore. they use horrible ingredients

http://www.centrum.com/products/labeling_centrum.asp

Sugars and sodium dyes, how wonderful!

Plus the extra iodine is great for maintaining those acne flare ups! Surely you get your iodine, you only need VERY little to prevent goiters (when this was discovered, they added iodine to salt), so no need for extra.

The vitamin E in it is made from petroleum products, yummy!

It is also hard for the body to digest. Some people have passed the tablets into their stool. Not great absorption wouldn't you say?

I don't know why so many people think Centrum is good. Guess the advertising gets to them.

Spend a little more on yourself. Remember, you pay for quality.

I take most of mine in the morning especially the B-12 and B-complex because they give me energy to get through my day. I take my Estroven in the morning too for the same reason. I spread the fish oil through the day more because I have a hard time swallowing them and I dont wanna take all 6 at once and gag on them. I take the Calcium at night because it works like a relaxer and I have horrible insomnia. So you see it really depends on what you are taking, why you are taking it and whats convienent for you.

As ST99 so bluntly put it ;) , you would be doing yourself a favor by investing in a good multi-vitamin. The vitamins are not going to do any good if your body cant absorb them. Also there are different formulations for men and women. Our bodies are different and need more or less of some vitamins. Hope this helps. Lorrie

Well, have you got any recommendations? My mom bought it for me, so I wouldn't know.

I buy my vitamins at GNC. They have an excellent multi-vitamin for women. I dont know if GNC is in Texas or not. I am east coast. Aso we have VitaminShoppes. There has to be some kind of vitamin store or health food store in your area. Just stay away from anything you can buy at your local Walmart or such. Places like that may sell some good vitamins but I dont know of any so unless someone posts about a particular brand available from places like that, I would stick with a specialty store. Hopefully someone else will reply and help you out. Lorrie

By the way, how much are the multivitamins from shops like that? Are they more or expensive or less?