Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

i was wondering how much AHA would cost and what i should expect from them...and if any has the link to the large thread about AHA that would be great.

i have only red marks and broken capillaries

AHA lotions vary in price depending on which brand you buy and the concentration of AHA.

Paula's Choice makes a good 8% glycolic acid lotion that only costs $15.95 for 4oz. I use Neostrata 10% glycolic acid lotion which costs me $25 at my local pharmacy. Diana Yvonne has has a selection of lactic acid lotions from $20 to $26 for a 10% solution.

If you've never used AHA before, one thing to expect upon first application is slight stinging and redness. More so with glycolic acid than with lactic acid. The stinging only lasts a few minutes and redness will go away after a few hours. After about a week or 2 of daily use you will no longer experience these symptoms. Considering this, I would start by using AHA at night only

It's best to start with a low concentration and work your way up. My recommendation would be to start with a 10% lactic acid lotion and then move on to glycolic acid if your red marks are severe. If they are not severe then you can keep using lactic acid and maybe introduce a series of lactic acid peels to speed up the process.

Always remember, it is VERY important that you apply a suncreen every day before going out! AHA is a chemical exfoliant and leaves your skin sensitive to sunlight.

There is plenty more information and testimonials to be found on the forum.

walgreens has a 8% AHA store brand

and 12% souffle from alpha hydrox i believe

in my opinion i think using aha is a waste of time and it makes you more self conscious because ur like omgg red marks must apply aha instead of using a moisturizer with AHA you can just do the regimen and apply the moisturizer with AHA and be on with your day

walgreens has a 8% AHA store brand

and 12% souffle from alpha hydrox i believe

in my opinion i think using aha is a waste of time and it makes you more self conscious because ur like omgg red marks must apply aha instead of using a moisturizer with AHA you can just do the regimen and apply the moisturizer with AHA and be on with your day

i dont need to use the dkr because i only have red marks so buying all the bp and stuff would be a waste i was just trying to find some information about AHA

You can find all the information you need about AHA by searching the forum or by using Google.

If you want specific information about what Walgreen's or CVS have in stock, then simply pick up the phone and call them. Find out what brands they carry then run a search on the forum for reviews and experiences with those brands.

Prices at pharmacies should be anywhere between $15-$30 for an AHA moisturizer or lotion.