Jump to content
Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dollydoodledumplin

Does acne stay away forever after accutane in most cases?

Recommended Posts

I don't have any personal experience in this, but my dad is clear after taking 2 years of low dosage Accutane.

And my dermatologist said that usually, patients are completely clear for 3-5 years...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For some people they never have acne problems again and for the others they have problems again and need another course. My derm told me that usually 20% of Accutane patients are "cured" while the other 80% get some form of acne. However, if the acne comes back then it will come back in a less aggressive/severe form.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Personalized Advice Quiz - All of Acne.org in just a few minutes

×