Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
exogen

????? symmetrical acne

hi all... kinda new here, i've just been browsing through these topics and finding some really helpful/informative posts.

so i thought i'd drop a quick question into the mix to see if anyone has any experience with it..

do you guys ever notice any sort of symmetry behind your break-outs??

i've been paying more attention to mine lately, and surprisingly, it really follows a pattern... like clockwork.

for example, one day, i'll get a big zit or two around my chin (and nearly always 'symmetrically' within an area!) and the next, the top of my shoulders and/or my chest. then the following few days, the 'excess oil/elimination/whatever' will move down my back and also outward on my jawline (literally along a 'line' pattern--and no, i don't 'put my hands on my jaw more that day, i have experience with acne/irritation, trust me hehe), again symetrically, producing small break-outs around those particular areas.

i get irritation acne if i trim my beard, etc. sometimes that's out of place, but as far as the kind of deeper, more 'cystic' lesions that get rather inflamed and take a few days to decline, they're almost always following this odd pattern.

i've done a bit of reading about meridians and such things, considering that our skin is one of the main elimination pathways for toxins and all that such (according to a lot of the 'not-necessarily-hormonal' theories behind acne) and any diagram i've seen seems to really mimic a lot of the patterns for my break-outs (example: http://goldenpineapplebandb.com/Images/acu..._meridians.jpg)

any insight? thoughts? i know this is a really weird topic, but maybe with some luck hehe.... :confused:

I just wanted to add your not crazy! I get matching zits all the time.

I will have one in the same spot on both cheeks, both sides of mouth, etc...weird!