Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Guest grace028

hey, just wondeirng if you got worse before you got better? im on stievamycin ..which has a retin-a in it and my clogged pores seem to look worse! and ive broken out. i need advice. thanks

Can retin-a be used on scars or just for existing acne.. + is it possible to buy it in a local chemist or drug store over the counter?

Cheers

It's prescription-only .... and I am not sure how effective it is against scars. I would guess somewhat effective but not miraculous.

retin-a is effective for scars too but it takes a long time to see the results. the retinoids exfoliate the skin, stimulate collagen production, they are also used in anti-wrinkle creams. the results are not the same as in case of chemical peelings but on long term (sometimes years) they do erase scars. but don't forget to use sunscreen while on retin-a as you might get hyper-pigmentation and other bad stuff

Guest grace028

Thanks for your reply Lion Queen. I also had another question regarding initial breakouts. I just started the antibiotic myocycline about a week ago. I was wondering if it is known to experience an initial breakout when starting antibiotics?

Thanks for your reply Lion Queen. I also had another question regarding initial breakouts. I just started the antibiotic myocycline about a week ago. I was wondering if it is known to experience an initial breakout when starting antibiotics?