Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jen121

Celebrating my 1st year eating healthy!

Iv'e been eating healthy for a year now :dance:

I am now on a detox to get my bowels cleaned out and more regular, so far, its working out great!

I have a couple of questions though:

1. Is there any reason why my bowels have been sinking for the past 2 weeks? They were always floaters :lol: (PLUS they smell really bad :sick: )

2. I am still using retin-a micro, I have noticed that for the past week, when I apply it at night, I feel light headed and really weird (like my body absorbs the effects instantly)

3. I heard that dry skin brushing gets the mucloid plague out of your intestines.... is that true?

I am going to an iridologist in 2 weeks, he is going to look in my eyes and see my soul, haha no he is suppose to be able to see the areas in my health I need help with, it should be interesting, i'll let you all know how it goes!

I can't remember where I read this (I rhink it was on Ask Shelley's page), but floating and extremely odorous poop is a sing of something negative. It's good that your poop is sinking (and less pungent)! :) I'll try to find the source.

Okay sure,

I basically eat:

* all fruits except oranges & pinnapples (they are too acidic for me). I mostly eat apples, strawberries, blueberries, watermelon, red grapes (green are too sour), and grapefruit

* All veggies, I aim for 1 large salad as my lunch filled with raw veggies, at night I'll have steamed broccoli, spinach, carrots, cauliflower, etc. with a protein or starch

* I only eat pasta 1-2 times a week and it must be gluten free made with brown rice. I eat other starches but they are all gluten free

* I eat tons of seeds and nuts; almonds, sunflower seeds, walnuts, pumpkin seeds, flax seeds, etc. Sometimes I mix them with dark chocolate chips or rasins to satisfy my sweet tooth.

* As far as protein, I am not a big eater in this category. I know I need to work on this area, but I usually have fish 3-4 times a week, tofu 1-2 times, free range eggs 1-2 times, and shellfish 1-2 times, but I don't eat chicken, pork, or any red meat

* I have the biggest sweet tooth, I satisfy this by eating dark chocolate, dried fruit, and sometimes a pint of soy icecream (pure delecant is my fav, mocha caramel with almonds) :shhh:

* So to sum it up, I don't eat dairy, gluten, or meats. I ONLY drink water and lots of it, I am trying to keep my sugar intake low (its hard) and I try to eat a good portion of raw veggies everyday.

Sorry if its all confusing, but thats basically what I eat ;)