Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Today on the bus home from school, someone took a picture of this guy with a camera phone and said "that looks like pizza!" and then told the guy that he needs to wash his face more.

I don't really have much acne anymore, but I obviously know what it feels like, and I felt the same weird crushing feeling inside as I do when someone says somthing mean to me. I really wanted to say somthing, but at the same time, I didn't want to draw more attention to the situatuin, because that might of embarassed the kid more.

What should I have done? Was I right not to say anything?

Yes.... u did the right thing.

Only people who are on the same boat feel the same way!

Those clear skin people are sometimes mean! Forget about them!

That kid can defend himself. I mean, unless you were with the kid and knew him, you should've defended him. But since you didn't know him, you did the right thing. Some people don't like others defending them.

me personally, i would have defended him. i would have said something equally as nasty about their appearance. sometimes i get more more satisfaction out of this then i would leaving it alone.

sometimes ppl need to see how their actions hurt others. maybe thats not up to me to take that action, i gaurantee karma will bite them in the ass.

how many ppl here said a acne/pizza comment when they were younger just to get landed it themselves. <_<

i really cant recall EVER saying anything about someones appearance to their face unless they said somthing REALLY mean first, even when i was younger. i've always been pretty socially intelligent that way :cool: (or maybe just sensitive and thoughtful..)

Did the kid defend himself? If he didnt I wouldve defended him. Thats just what you do. I think if you watch someone being ridiculed then you are just as guilty of being mean. Thats just my opinion.

Hey Greg! :wavey: I see you are reading this topic. What do you think? Would you defend the person

You weren't obliged to say anything so I think you did ther right thing in staying out as you may have become the centre of their abuse had you intervened.

Myself, I probably would have said something if the kid was totally helpless/unable to defend himself. Just 'politely' told them to leave him alone. No matter what, people like that will always get their comeuppance later in life.

Another thing is that a few years ago not as many kids had phones let alone camera phones but nowadays they seem to spur people into being nastier and more violent so that they can record it on their phones. I mean, a few weeks ago the new headmaster at the local highschool got violently beaten and it was all recorded on someone's video phone.

People like this ALWAYS get what they deserve!

You were probably right to stay out. Better to not get involved at all, especially when that kid comes back to his school packing firepower to take out those assholes and half their friends.

I tend to just stay out of peoples business, the most I would do is split up fights, but that's only sometimes. Other times, if I feel like the people aren't going to take it too far I let them just work out their problem.