Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
anon81

Question about cumulative dose

Hi folks,

Well, I'm finishing up month 3 on accutane, and while I have seen considerable improvement -- especially with oil production (I'm not producing oil, but I'm also not too dry) and the size of pimples, I continue to break out relatively consistently. At any given time I have 2-3 papules plus 109357093476 redmarks. So...I'm frustrated. I'm also having a rough time with side effects. At the end of month 4, I will have reached a cumulative dose of about 128 mg/kg. If I stick it out another month, I'll get up to 176 mg/kg. I KNOW I don't have 2 more months in me. (I feel like I've been hit by a truck. On a daily basis. A truck that also gouges your eyes out.) I'm pretty sure I can tough out another month, maybe a month and a half. But I'm not optimistic that I'll be clear by then. Is there a good chance that I would clear after a 4 - 4.5 month course? For those of you who cleared after your course, did it begin immediately after you stopped? How much of a difference do you think it makes to have more accutane in your system once you've hit the recommended range?

Thanks in advance for any opinions/experiences that you are able to share. I'm having a tough time with this, and all of you at the site have been a great help. Best of luck to you all,

Emi

(p.s., if it helps, I'm a 26 y/o F, 115 lbs, month 1,2: 40 mg, month 3: 60 mg for 3 wks, 80 mg for 1 wk, month 4: 80 mg)