Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Newsflash for body acne sufferers. I just read on a body- builder web --(anabolic enhancers

cause agne in body builders ) that the ingredient in NIZORAL

dandruff shampoo called ketoconazole shuts down the testosterone byproduct (I forget

what it's called) that causes follicles to have too much oil RESULTING---bacteria! I believe this

is the ROOT cause of acne (androgens converting to testosterone then to the final bad

by-product that causes acne. I bought some yesterday found it at Walgreens. Ketoconazole

acts to inhibit this final byproduct of the male hormone that lies to rest in the hair follicle

according to the web site owner who, kindly, put it out for the world free. I bought some yesterday and saw that no other dandruff shampoo

has this topical anti-androgen ingredient. Can somebody let me know if they have tried

it? I am ready to sue my derm after 30 years of acne that his simpleton BP washes never

helped. THIS IS A HORMONAL ISSUE AND A DISEASE--LETS STOP KIDDING OURSELVES

WITH THESE SILLY WASHES AND GET TO THE ROOT CAUSE. THE AMERICAN ACADEMY

OF DERM NEEDS TO BE SUED FOR NEGLIGENCE ON A SERIOUS DISEASE THAT IS

RESPONSIBLE FOR SUICIDES IN OUR YOUTH TOTALLY IGNORED BY SOCIETY. IT'S TIME FOR RESPECT FOR SUFFERERS AND FOR THIS HORRIBLE

DIBILITATING DISEASE TO BE ADDRESSED. NO MORE CLEANSERS-GET TO THE HORMONES

THAT CAUSE IT ONCE AND FOR ALL. (When you stop getting depressed, you will get mad.

We've been duped by the dermatologists for years and I am fed up. )

Um I have used this and it worked just as good as the h&s which would only clear me like 75-80%. But yeah I actually heard the same thing from bodybuilders. A lot of bodybuilders swear by, it but unfortunately I can't do the same. Good luck :whistle:

I once got a sore on my lip due to a anabolic activator. I stopped using it a few weeks ago, but didn't see a decrease in pimples yet. Hopefully I will start clearing up. Glad to know now that it indeed was the cause of my sore. Also I think anyone on anabolic enhancers or thinking of getting some should rethink it. I used it for exactly one month, it's just a bullshit product. I just started using H&S, hopefully this will work out.

No--I am not talking about BP. (Why does everyone get excited about this ridiculous and

useless ingredient?) I am talking about the Ketoconazale contained ONLY in Nizoral Dandruff

Shampoo. I don't know how to post links but look up Skin Therapy Letter.com and androgen

blockerswithin that site. If BP is working for you

than you don't have much of a problem. Serious acne sufferers need a real cure and

very few derms are taking this seriously. If you get hives, they don't

treat it with a wash do they? If you get the measles or chicken pox, they don't tell

you you're "not cleaning" right, do they? Stop fooling around and see the research on

anti-androgens and acne. Look up Dermnet.org then antiandrogens on that web. It is

from the New Zealand Dermatological Society. There are lots of other web sites about

acne and hormones.

I think you are right with the nizoral, I've been using it for about 2 weeks now...

I use it in the shower for chest and back acne. I agree, that dht the byproduct of the testosterone conversion is responsible for acne in most people. Thats why antiandrogens such as birth control, spiro and even retinoids (yep, google the research, retinoids inhibit androgen production!) work so well against acne even though they dont fight the bacteria.

It should take a while for the nizoral to kick in like most antiandrogens. It doesn't really treat existing acne and also might result in an initial breakout like the medicines i mentioned before.

In the shower I use panoxyl on my chest, next and back first. I let it sit for a minute or two while rubbing it in, to help the benzoyl peroxide absorb into the skin. I rinse that off and rub the nizoral in the same way. I let that sit for a while than rinse that off as well.

The panoxyl will treat the existing acne and fight bacteria, while the ketoconizale stops the androgens. Hopefully if the ketoconizale works I will be able to drop the panoxyl. The reason why Nizoral is usually neglected as an acne treatment is the fact that it takes a while to work and doesn't really treat existing acne. That's why I recommend the panoxyl bar in conjunction, at least for the first 4 to 8 weeks.

Btw, nizoral doesn't kill bacteria. Its antifungal, so unless your lesions are caused by fungus (rare, but does occur sometimes). Its actually a terrible antibacterial.

hey, i have folliculitis on my lower body(10+yrs.). CYNDIPA, did you get folliculitis from nirozal or did it help it? What exactly is the regime that people are using with it? thanks.