Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Sincerely Me

Natural light is my new best friend

Guest Sincerely Me

So, basically, I have never been in the habit of applying my make up in natural light. I know, I'm old enough to know better, but seriously...I just never cared. I was in the car, looked at my make up and was HORRIFIED. I decided right then to find another way to do my make up. Checking in natural light doesn't work, applying in natural light is what matters. I opened up all the window blinds in my kitchen, sat in front on the window, on a chair, and applied my make up sitting on the chair in front of the counter. Basically, doing that, I can go outside, with the mirror and look perfect. Too bad I didn't do that before.

You girls really do save face - literally! Thank you for the constant reminders!!

So, basically, I have never been in the habit of applying my make up in natural light. I know, I'm old enough to know better, but seriously...I just never cared. I was in the car, looked at my make up and was HORRIFIED. I decided right then to find another way to do my make up. Checking in natural light doesn't work, applying in natural light is what matters. I opened up all the window blinds in my kitchen, sat in front on the window, on a chair, and applied my make up sitting on the chair in front of the counter. Basically, doing that, I can go outside, with the mirror and look perfect. Too bad I didn't do that before.

You girls really do save face - literally! Thank you for the constant reminders!!

It does make a huge difference. I love that with the house I live in now, my bathroom in the morning is filled with natural light. I don't need to turn the light on to do my makeup & I can still do it in the bathroom.

hehe, I have been writing about this lately. Looking in the mirror in my car also horrified me (why is my face pink?!) and made me change my ways.

lol i've gotten into the habit of applying my make up in the car, with the car mirror. i know, its not a good habit. but i promise i only do when im stopped at red lights. :rolleyes:

I hate natural light

I hate florescent light

I hate incandescent light

I hate all light

I wish it was dark at all times.

-______________-

i do my makeup under soft white (fluorescent-ish, but less harsh) lighting. i figured if it looks good there, it'd look good under all lighting.

I wake up before the sun comes up and I usually leave my house for school just as it has finally risen. So this is a major dilemma for me and everyone else who doesn't have time to do this. :doubt:

Isn't there some mirror where you can change the lighting to daylight or something? Has anyone used on of those lighted mirrors?

there are lightbulbs that i've bought before that are supposed to be like natural light. i never used them for my makeup, instead i just had them for photography purposes and i put a few in my reading lamps.

i wonder if those might help :think:

I made a thread a while ago about mirrors with natural light settings, but didn't get any leads. I did a lot of looking around myself and didn't find much. I wonder if just using a "natural light" light bulb in your bathroom would work? Where do you get one?

Guest Sincerely Me

I always wondered about those, but doubt it would be comparable to actual sun.

I actually have taken classes on lighting in university because I am studying interior design. There are lightbulbs on the market that imitate natural light in terms of the colour of light that they emit. My teacher always says its far from being true to sunlight's colour and brightness because it is just impossible to create it artificially, but I think they do make a difference in applying makeup if you have no natural light available. Try changing the lights in your makeup area to 'natural or full-spectrum' bulbs and you will see a difference. They are the same cost as reg incandescent bulbs anyways so not a big expense.

I just wish the flourescent light had never been invented. I lood pretty good in incandecent, I look OK in natural light but I seriously look freakish in flourescent. I hate going into ULTA or whatever with all that flourescent light an trying to look at make up.

I was in Macy's yesterday in their makeup department and it dawned on me how dark it was with not a flourescent light in site. There is a reason for that.

Natural light is pretty flattering for me...except when I'm in the shade or it's an overcast day :(

Fluorescent lighting is the worst, hands down.