Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Hoberfinkle

Success rate for people who just drop everything cold turkey

I hear a lot of people thinking of just stopping all the chemical bombardment of their faces/acne areas. I'd like to try this, but I'm afraid things might get worse and possibly scar.

Anyone ever suffer from acne for years and then finally just decided to stop treating it and have it clear up naturally? Just wondering.

thanks

Guest Mumblesorusjen
I hear a lot of people thinking of just stopping all the chemical bombardment of their faces/acne areas. I'd like to try this, but I'm afraid things might get worse and possibly scar.

Anyone ever suffer from acne for years and then finally just decided to stop treating it and have it clear up naturally? Just wondering.

thanks

i was on tane almost two years ago, then started to use bp as a preventative-live in fear of breaking out,and i was clear then after using bo i started to break out! so am using face wash and moisteriser both oil free by neutrogena and am more or less clear at the moment.

oh god.

i can tell you from experience..

i was on proactiv for about 2 years which really cleared up my skin but i read about the damage that benzoyl peroxide can do for your skin and the long term damage so i was like that's it, i'm not using proactiv anymore

and i paid for it

i broke out. the biggest breakout of my life and i suffer from red marks to this day

i didn't go out on social dates and i got extreeeeemely self conscious

but i decided .. since i'm already broken out why don't i just heal myself the natural way

my skin is doing A LOT better and it makes me happy that i didn't use chemicals on my face anymore to clear it up.

this is what i did:

-acupuncture (people might think it doesn't work but i owe a lot of my recovery to my acupuncturist)

- GMR (the goat's milk regimen, you can read more about it in the overthecounter section)

- jojoba oil . (has done WONDERS for my face)

- tea tree oil (amazing spot treatment, i've read that it can be as effective as BP so you might wanna try replacing your BP with tea tree oil, but keep in mind that it takes a while)

and everything else from my SHAMPOO and CONDITIONER to my chap stick, lotions, and sunscreens are all ORGANIC.

no harmful chemicals anymore

and of course, i changed my diet drastically and took some supplements but i don't take them anymore because of the herbal medicine my acupunturist gave me.

hope this helps. :redface: and good luck!

I dont believe in stopping products altogether but I do believe the less drugstore bought stuff I put on my face the less breakouts I have.