Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lucy_87

where to go in UK for a cortisone shot?!

hey. does anyone in theUK know where to go to get a cortisone shot for a cyst? its not like we can just call up a derm and make an appt. im presuming it works the same in other parts of england, here in london u need a referral form yr gp and then have 2 wait a few months 2 c a derm. how do u get a shot?

does anyone have any idea at all? are there any clinics or anything like that that might do them or maybe he gp?

I'm in the uk and not really sure, I think there's probably 2 options, either goto your doc and say its an emergency (I believe derms can make urgent appointments quick, but otherwise a couple of months wait), or possibly go private.

thanks wibble. so u dont think there are any other clinics that might do a similar thing? ive looked aound but not having much luck

Private clinics will be your only option. My derm is private and has got his own clinic, i dont know for sure but i woulda though that you could call for emergency appointment for the injections. Obviously its gonna be a very expensive way of getting rid of them, and you might need to be one of his patients already, i dont know if you could just get an appointment so quick unless you're known to him/her.

sory meeee not quite sure what u mean? if ur asking if u can get it form a doc without seeing a derm, im not sure thats kind of what i was asking about, u might be able to with some gps perhaps, maybe it just depends where u go