Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hate_acne

pls help me on this

hi all, i've just bought the proactiv repairing lotion yesterday to incorporate into the regimen. The question is, do i have to rub the lotion into my skin just like what Dan is doing for the regimen with the On-the-Spot cream or do i just apply it onto my face and let it be absrobed. The lotion is very runny and is rather difficult to be rubbed into my skin, so i was wondering if it could just be left on the skin to be absorbed or do i have to rub it all in?

I use Paula's Choice BP which is also a runny solution. I normally rub it in like the regimen suggests although I have to use less than if I were using a cream but I'm finding it works very well.

Well, like I said, I don't apply as much as when I was using a cream bp. I use about a fingertip's size. It doesn't take long to rub in with that amount. With the cream bp I used before (Oxy on the spot) it took me about 15-20 minutes to do my whole face.

Where are all the other people using a solution based bp - I'm sure I've seen them around.

Im currently just using the Proactiv BP wash, and the Proactiv BP lotion, i decided to skip the toner because i feared it was contributing to my breakouts, plus im getting mandelic in a few days so i figured it best to stop the glycolic (in the toner) and just wait for the mandelic for a better means of exfoliation.

I use a very liberal amount of the Proactiv Lotion because we have like 8 bottles of it. I just spread it around my face, gently rubbing it in. If your face still feels slick after this, no problem because it will absorb on its own pretty well.

I just received some Proactiv bp and I gave it a try this morning. WOW that stuff is great. Although I cannot comment on its effectiveness yet (although it is just bp) it absorbs SO NICE! I was thrilled when I put that stuff on to see it absorb within seconds without leaving any trace of residue. I hope it is as effective as it is easy! If this is what a lotion is like compared to a cream, I can't imagine how nice a gel is going to be. Can't wait for Dan's product!!!!! biggrin.gif/

so do u guys rub it all in till your face feels dry? or do you rub it in for only a short while and let the rest be absorbed themselves? and by the way, how much of the repairing lotion do u use?

I do the whole 3 steps in the proactiv lineup and I'll give you a run down on the last step. I wait around 10 minutes after applying the toner, till my face feels dry (but not overly) to the touch. I put a thin line down the length of my forefinger (joint to tip) and use half on each side of my face. I rub it in until I can't visibly see the lotion and the applied area feels slick and a tad oily, then I just let it absorb and it dries out perfectly, don't even have to moisturize smile.gif

nova, it seems that the amount you're using is very little, are u sure its enough to prevent breakouts? and by the way, if you're using one finger's length for both sides of ur face, how long will it take for u to finish up one bottle of repairing lotion?