Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ShakeYoBooty

Man...blood tests suck...

I have to wake up at 6:00 AM on SATURDAY morning to go get a blood test.

Otherwise, if I go later, I have to wait at a minimum 1 hour to wait.

Then, I have to wait another hour for the dermatologist to get a precription, THEN drive another 1 hour to get the iPledge logged in.

aw man, i have a fear of needles so i only have to do the blood 2 out of the 5 months, but urine the other times. also i get valium when i need blood, my derm hooked me up. tell them you cant stand needles,, hey its worth a try for you right :dance:

Guys have to do it because...(this is what my derm. said) Since Accutane is a government program, you have to log in every month and can only get a 30-day supply at a time because of overdosing and how it reacts to the blood, etc.

I can't ask for valium this time because I'm seeing my dermatologist after the blood test. But for the rest of the months, I'll ask her.

Whew 6am, that's so crucial. Man someone has to drag my butt out the bed to get me to wake up that early. The lab I go to actually recommends people going after 10am to avoid the long lines. I usually go around 10-11 am and wait no more than 30 min.

I have to wake up at 6:00 AM on SATURDAY morning to go get a blood test.

Otherwise, if I go later, I have to wait at a minimum 1 hour to wait.

Then, I have to wait another hour for the dermatologist to get a precription, THEN drive another 1 hour to get the iPledge logged in.

I'm scared of penicillin needles. They hurt like crazy. I only got one once when I was 6 in my ass.

And the place opens at 7:00 and by the time I wakeup and shower, it's time to go.

Same here too !!...i was suppose to get my bloodtest today, i didn't eat/drink for like 14 hours, but my dumb-ass chewed gum on my way to the lab, and the lady told me that i can't get tested because the gum would fuck up the readings on my lipids...damn...pain in the ass...now i gotta get up at 6 am, get ready, and be there by 7, jeezzz....my normal waking-up-time is usually 10 to noon ( i dont work, so i sleep my ass off). hehehe....but yea...after i get tested, i might start taking my first pill by monday :dance:

Same here too !!...i was suppose to get my bloodtest today, i didn't eat/drink for like 14 hours, but my dumb-ass chewed gum on my way to the lab, and the lady told me that i can't get tested because the gum would fuck up the readings on my lipids...damn...pain in the ass...now i gotta get up at 6 am, get ready, and be there by 7, jeezzz....my normal waking-up-time is usually 10 to noon ( i dont work, so i sleep my ass off). hehehe....but yea...after i get tested, i might start taking my first pill by monday :dance:

There is no WAY gum would affect your lipids that much... no freaking way.

gum has sugar alcohols in it, which can affect your blood glucose levels (not sure about lipids?). The guy that takes my blood takes like 30-60sec each time to hit my vein. It feels like an eternity, but in reality it is so short. It sucks though when he is fishing around in there.

When I was getting my blood tests, I had to get to the clinic by 6:30 am, because there'd already be a line forming outside for blood tests. That wasn't even the bad part.

For a few months, the blood tests were being done in this really cramped room in a medical building because the normal clinic was changing address. There'd be like 30 or so people crammed in their small waiting room at a time. The worst part was the bathroom was not actually in the clinic, it was down the hall. And you had to put your urine sample in this little tray on the reception desk, so everyone would know which urine sample was yours. It was so gross, especially since the tray also had other people's urine samples too. And I saw a guy put his stool sample in there once.

I didn't go at 6 today like I planned. I went around 9ish so it was extremely crowded. I go to LabCorp too Reid.

Now I just have to rush to the dermatologist on Tuesday right after my classes are over. :(