Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

the regimine works for me if i use it strictly, but my face is still sooooo oily.

im mostly clear, but very oily. does this mean i should see a derm?? ive already been on tane once. are there drugs just for oily skin?

Oily skin is a pain, I know.

Some moisturizers result in added shine, that's for sure. One that doesn't contribute to shine is Complex 15. It isn't super hydrating, but it won't leave you looking like an oil slick.

Also, some BP formulations have oil-absorbing ingredients in them and help to mattify the skin. Neutrogena on-the-spot is one.

Otherwise, there really isn't any over-the-counter products that have an effect on the oil glands themselves, and as far as I know Accutane is the only prescription med that can stop the oil.

right now im using cetaphil, but ive tried alot of things. i bought some jojoba oil, which didnt seem to help. its almost a preoiling.

ill probably see a derm

its just frusterating because im afraid my derm wont understand, or he ll make me wait over an hour to see him each visit (asshole) like when i was on tane.

i use garnier shine control moisturiser and its great and controlling shine :)

it contains non-comedogenic white clay that doesnt let the oil get to teh surface, but after 8 hours i get naturally oily as the moisturiser gives in lol

good if like me, your at collage for 6 hours :)

though, it doesnt work if you run about and get sweaty, as the oil just comes through straight away.

right now im using cetaphil, but ive tried alot of things. i bought some jojoba oil, which didnt seem to help. its almost a preoiling.

ill probably see a derm

its just frusterating because im afraid my derm wont understand, or he ll make me wait over an hour to see him each visit (asshole) like when i was on tane.

Cetaphil may be contributing to the shine.

You might consider trying Complex 15, it's much less shiny.