Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ksand

Has anyone tried tca 12.5

I just bought an at home tca peel kit. I am a little worried about burning a layer of skin off my face, as I have no earthly idea what I am doing. I have some ice pick scars (or damaged pores) really not sure. I also have a few small indent scars. Has any one tried this with any luck? I am really excited and scared all at the same time to try this. If anyone has any tips or tricks...let me know.

Thanks...Kelly.

I just bought an at home tca peel kit. I am a little worried about burning a layer of skin off my face, as I have no earthly idea what I am doing. I have some ice pick scars (or damaged pores) really not sure. I also have a few small indent scars. Has any one tried this with any luck? I am really excited and scared all at the same time to try this. If anyone has any tips or tricks...let me know.

Thanks...Kelly.

Thanks...Kelly.

Hi I've been using 25% TCA peel for about 3 months,

I've done it twice now every 45 days. I think overall im seeing a slight improvement after each treatment.. My next peel will be somewhere in April.. I'm planning to do this every 5 weeks

My scars are mostly on my temple area and just lilbit on cheeks , I have 1 ice pick (very small to even notice) , i think it hasn't done much on my ice pick, but did really tiny bit of improvement on rolling scars, . it's possible that you don't see the improvement right after, but give it about 3-4 weeks as your skin regenerates... I became fan of TCA peel, because it's inexpensive ( i can't afford those laser treatments) and you can do it every 1 months or so.. Also it helps to recover faster if you use vitamin -E oil or bio-oil every night when you recover.. I use bio-oil

by doing tca peel every months for couple years, I think ( hope) my scars will dissapear somewhat completely.. again, don't give up right after 1st treatment.. give it some times..

I don't know much about 12.5 % though,, when i use mine, after about 4 days, you start to peel

I go to school, and on 4th day when my skin start to peel, it looks kind of bad.. so do it on like tuesday or wednes day, so your peeling day is when you 're at home..

after peeling I use EGF moisturizer, and bio oil.. which also helpes with red marks..

good luck ^_^

Hey thanks for the info :D I did a spot test on my jaw last night. The area still looks a little white. I read through about a gazillion of posts on here about tca. I have heard some pretty crazy stories about people using 50% and even 100%, as a face peel!!! I feel like my little 12.5 should be a walk in the park. Some of those post caused my jaw to drop :shock: Anywho, I am doing the peel tonight. I will update. Oh...my scars are mostly on my cheeks.

Okay so I did the peel last night. It stung a little but there wasn't any frosting. I think I freaked and rinsed it off too soon. I had a little redness that was gone by this morning. My face looks pretty normal (just a little puffy). It also has a little shine and is a little tight. Well because of the puffy/tightness, my scars actually look better :D I know that wont last too long so I am enjoying it now. I don't think there is going to be much improvement but I will take whatever little bit I can get. I will update later.

Okay so I did the peel last night. It stung a little but there wasn't any frosting. I think I freaked and rinsed it off too soon. I had a little redness that was gone by this morning. My face looks pretty normal (just a little puffy). It also has a little shine and is a little tight. Well because of the puffy/tightness, my scars actually look better :D I know that wont last too long so I am enjoying it now. I don't think there is going to be much improvement but I will take whatever little bit I can get. I will update later.

25% TCA is actually pretty strong for a full face peel. One guy I'll never forget from this board did a full face 25% peel several years ago and scarred his forehead. We warned him, but he didn't listen. Then there was the loony chick who did a full face 50% peel ...

God, she was nuts.

A smart way to use TCA as a full face peel is to use the 12.5%, layering it to whatever strength you desire. This gives you full control over the depth of the peel and minimizes the risks. The best results are obtained by using two layers of 12.5% on two consecutive nights. So, that's four layers spread out over two nights. This is a safe peel that goes pretty deep, deeper than doing four layers all in the same night.

The skin should be allowed to frost. There is no need to wash TCA off; it is self neutralizing.

Prepping the skin with 1% or 2% salicylic acid will improve results. Apply the TCA with half a gauze pad, folded over itself, and wear gloves!

^

im gonna do a 12.5% TCA real soon and im excited =) hope it goes well..

after going through posts, im starting to think that maybe 12.5% would be too mild for scars. maybe i should start out with a 15%. not a bad idea right?

if i do two layers two consecutive days, how long should i wait until my next two layered peel?

thanks

this is the first i have heard of this TCA business. I just spent over $6,000 for Fraxel and my scars are still bad....maybe i oughta give this whirl? Please keep up with updates people!

If fraxel didn't help you enough I don't think TCA will do more than give you the even smaller increments of success that fraxel probably did. Although, I have not used TCA... I have had 7 fraxels, but I think, just personally that TCA works best if done with the cross method for ice pick scars. I think TCA peels work well for evening out skin tone and getting rid of hyperpigmentation and maybe reduce scar depth a little but I don't think they are quite strong enough to really break the scar tissue up enough unless used at really high percentages which can be dangerous if not done by a professional. I am not trying to shoot anybody down, but I just think and my dr has said this also, that TCA works best for those things. I would really like to try TCA cross, but I would be too scared to try it myself. I am going to have two more fraxels then find a dr who performs it in his office I think.

So it is day 3 and nothing :cry: I guess I should have left it on longer :doh: I feel like my skin is flaking but thats about it. Scars are still the same. I also started wearing make-up again today and my skin is a little itchy(mostly by my nose). I am going to wait 3 wks and try again. Now that I am positive my face wont melt....I think I will leave it on the whole 5 mins. I am a chicken, I know. I am not giving up though :snooty: Gonna get rid of these scars ;)

Oh...a little side note to those of you who are thinking of doing the 25%. I think your best bet is to start lower and build your way up. Once you know how your skin reacts and what to expect, the whole thing should go smoother. It does burn at 12.5% nothing I couldn't handle but it wasnt a "tingling" feeling either. It burned and I can't imagine what 25% feels like. I also have read soooo many comments and articles on this stuff. I hear that putting layers of the 12.5 will give the same results of a higher % peel with less chance of further scarring. Do ur research first...then decide.

For a 12.5% or 15% TCA peel, you should let the skin recover for at least two weeks (after it peels). Use your judgment. If your skin is hyperpigmented after two weeks, wait longer. For higher percentages you should wait a month, minimum. Some people have different opinions.

Best results are obtained with a series of 4 to 6 peels. One low-strength peel, even four layers, isn't going to do much. But after the second or third peel, you start to notice an improvement. It's not miraculous, but it's real. If you stick with it, doing a peel every few weeks, you should see results. Consistency is the key. Plan it out, and stick with it. Map out each peel over the next few months, including "rest" periods, like a doctor would do. Actually write it on your calendar. Then stick to what it says! Haphazard treatments will do little.

Discipline! Discipline! :-)

Note: This treatment is for shallow/mid-depth rolling and boxcar scars. If your scars are deep, or if you have ice picks, full face TCA probably won't help.

Important Note: You must develop the wrinkly brown "mask" in order to see results. If your skin isn't turning brown, tight, and wrinkly a couple days post peel, you didn't use enough TCA. The mask will peel off on its own, if left alone. Steamy hot showers help loosen this mask. DO NOT PICK AT THE DEAD SKIN!

I also have read soooo many comments and articles on this stuff. I hear that putting layers of the 12.5 will give the same results of a higher % peel with less chance of further scarring.

So it has been almost 2 wks and I am still flaking. I started using cp serum and I wonder if it is from that. There really isn't much difference in my scars. I know at such a low %, you would have to do many peels to see any results. I really want to try tca cross, but am a little scared to try it. I think I am going to try a few more peels b4 I think about the cross method.