Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

All righty, well I have made a list of AN stuff I want to try. Bear in mind, I have never actually used any AN products and am impatiently waiting for my first foundation samples, but I'm just so excited I went through their site and made a list of stuff I will order next.

1) Oil Controlling Powder: does this stuff actually work? I'm not extremely oily, but throughout the day I need to add additional finishing powder to control my shine and would rather not bother with that.

2) Warmth Bronzer: Anyone tried this? It doesn't add color or too much sparkle, right? I mean i wouldn't mind a little color, just nothing that looks unnatural. I'm pale.

3) Divine, Desert Rose, and Copper eyeshadow: are any of these colors actually hideous when applied? They look great on my monitor, but i have had bad luck with eyeshadow colors ordered online.

4) of course foundation: I am pale, but I think I have neutral undertones because Joppa's shades either looked yellow or pink on me. What is the point of getting soft coverage? Does full coverage look less natural?

5) Mineral Veil: is this better than their finishing silk? I read on there that the mineral veil is what AN prefers, so I thought i would try it.

And my last question....why would you order the concealers, doesn't the foundation conceal everything??? Joppa never had a separate concealer so I was confused when I saw that.

All righty, well I have made a list of AN stuff I want to try. Bear in mind, I have never actually used any AN products and am impatiently waiting for my first foundation samples, but I'm just so excited I went through their site and made a list of stuff I will order next.

1) Oil Controlling Powder: does this stuff actually work? I'm not extremely oily, but throughout the day I need to add additional finishing powder to control my shine and would rather not bother with that.

-I use it as my primer , it helps with keeping the make up on alot longer (even though the make up does last all day) and it helps with controling oil but doesnt stop it completely , so I think it will be great for you because you dont have very oily skin as I do :doubt:

2) Warmth Bronzer: Anyone tried this? It doesn't add color or too much sparkle, right? I mean i wouldn't mind a little color, just nothing that looks unnatural. I'm pale.

-Warmth bronzer is darker shade bronze , it isnt too dark though but if you want a tiny bit of peachy color I would recommend the Radiance one. The warmth also has shimmer in it but not too much.

3) Divine, Desert Rose, and Copper eyeshadow: are any of these colors actually hideous when applied? They look great on my monitor, but i have had bad luck with eyeshadow colors ordered online.

-I tried the Desert Rose and I liked it , its pink to light brown and a bit reddish tone.

4) of course foundation: I am pale, but I think I have neutral undertones because Joppa's shades either looked yellow or pink on me. What is the point of getting soft coverage? Does full coverage look less natural?

-The full and soft have slightly difference with the coverage , if you want more coverage then get the full , both look natural though but the soft gives lighter coverage.

5) Mineral Veil: is this better than their finishing silk? I read on there that the mineral veil is what AN prefers, so I thought i would try it.

-I use both , I do love mineral veil more only because it gives soft glow to the face which I liked about it , but the finishing silk is great for oily skin and gives more of a matte finish.

And my last question....why would you order the concealers, doesn't the foundation conceal everything??? Joppa never had a separate concealer so I was confused when I saw that.

The foundation does cover very well , but if you have some of the red bumps , you might need to go over them with a bit of concealer , the concealer should be close to the shade of your foundation , so if your light then get the light concealer....etc.

thanks so much for the advice! that really does help a lot.

I got my AN samples today, so excited! I was waiting around all morning before putting on my makeup, in the hopes they would come in the mail.

So, the foundation matches pretty well. I started out with the lightest neutral, but then used one step darker, and by the end decided I should have stuck with the lightest one. The little bag is SO cute, and i got two blush samples with a little brush. Unfortunately I did a bad job applying the blush, I'll have to work on that.

are you going to order one of the AN brushes?

CherryBunny--which mineral veil do you use?? Linen .beige..or what??

I started out using the standard Light Finishing Silk, but because I have such oily skin, I have moved to the Rice Powder Finishing Silk, which works wonderfully! With the primer, oil control powder, and the RPFS, I only have to blot my face once a day! :D If you do not have super oily skin, the sandard Finishing Silk should be fine.

As far as foundation, I have not decided if I prefer Lightest Fair Neutral or Lightest Fair Cool- I am leaning toward the neutral..

I have tried divine and desert rose eyeshadows, and love them both- they are really pretty on. Good luck and have fun :)

I am so out of control. I have been looking at the site AGAIN and now I also want:

1) Advanced Gel Primer: I have heard you girls rave about it, is there anyone unhappy with it?

2) Longhandled Eye Shadow Brush: this seems like a basic that I should have. i have a really nice brush from Joppa that i use for everything (foundation, bronzer, finishing silk). Do you girls use a different brush for everything? I just cleaned mine today, ewwww.

3) Refillable Pump Brush: sounds great in theory, does it really work that great though?

Thanks again for all your advice, my list is changing and expanding! Current total: $75.50. There is no way I am going to buy all that, but it is free shipping and %20 off........ :)

I am so out of control. I have been looking at the site AGAIN and now I also want:

1) Advanced Gel Primer: I have heard you girls rave about it, is there anyone unhappy with it?

2) Longhandled Eye Shadow Brush: this seems like a basic that I should have. i have a really nice brush from Joppa that i use for everything (foundation, bronzer, finishing silk). Do you girls use a different brush for everything? I just cleaned mine today, ewwww.

3) Refillable Pump Brush: sounds great in theory, does it really work that great though?

Thanks again for all your advice, my list is changing and expanding! Current total: $75.50. There is no way I am going to buy all that, but it is free shipping and %20 off........ :)

woot! thanks again! this is great becuase now I'm not paranoid that I'll spend all this money and not like what I get. I want to order it ASAP, but considering I'll save about $15 with the 20% off coupon, I guess I'll have to wait :(

well I feel kind of silly now, I didn't even notice they have starter kits! I am going to get the Perfect Fit starter kit with:

fairest light neutreal full coverage foundation

light complete concealor

blissful blush

linen mineral veil

Divine e/s

warmth bronzer

concealer brush

That pretty must took care of everything on my original list, plus I still want the eye shadow brush, desert rose e/s, and the gel primer. My new total after 20% off: $50! That is way more manageable, and I'm actually getting quite a bit more.

Does anyone here use the ELF blotting sheets? I want to try them.

yes the ELF sheets are larger than the CLean and Clear ones. I like em, you cant beat that $1 price!! i hated those clean and clear ones.

well I feel kind of silly now, I didn't even notice they have starter kits! I am going to get the Perfect Fit starter kit with:

light complete concealor

blissful blush

linen mineral veil

Divine e/s

warmth bronzer

concealer brush

That pretty must took care of everything on my original list, plus I still want the eye shadow brush, desert rose e/s, and the gel primer. My new total after 20% off: $50! That is way more manageable, and I'm actually getting quite a bit more.

light complete concealor

blissful blush

linen mineral veil

Divine e/s

warmth bronzer

concealer brush

Thanks for discovering those kits, I didn't know there were starter kits either. That saves some bucks! I'm going to order on Wed so I can get the 20% off and now I feel like I'm going to save more getting a kit. I've gone a couple times to the site and put every thing I want in the cart and it's like $72!, and now it's down to like $48. Now if I can not add anything else to make up the difference, I'm going to be set for a long time. Oh, I want Emu oil too!

since this thread is about AN stuff, I guess I might as well ask here. I've been using a sample foundation for a few and days and it really seems like it doesn't have as good of coverage as Joppa did.

I am using a lighter color than my joppa makeup, because it actually matches my skin. Could it be that its so light it can't really cover up my red marks??? I am using the fair light neutral foundation.

I'll be getting concealer in the starter kit, so I'm sure that under the foundation will do the trick, I was just hoping that AN would have the same great coverage as Joppa. Anyone else think the same thing?

since this thread is about AN stuff, I guess I might as well ask here. I've been using a sample foundation for a few and days and it really seems like it doesn't have as good of coverage as Joppa did.

I am using a lighter color than my joppa makeup, because it actually matches my skin. Could it be that its so light it can't really cover up my red marks??? I am using the fair light neutral foundation.

I'll be getting concealer in the starter kit, so I'm sure that under the foundation will do the trick, I was just hoping that AN would have the same great coverage as Joppa. Anyone else think the same thing?

Hmmmm, well things seem to be opposite for me. I use full coverage, as I did with joppa. I dont' think the color is too light for me, it seems to match my skin better than anything else has.

Hopefully the concealer does make all the difference. We shall see.