Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
plateaukid

Contemplating my 3rd Non-Ablative Laser

I've been thinking about having V-Beam laser for the past few weeks to treat mainly the post-inflammatory pigmentation and red acne scars, as I feel that it is likely to improve the most noticeable overall improvement in my skin. If I go ahead with this, this would be my 3rd non-ablative laser. I did the Altus Coolglide Laser back in Spring and Summer of 2003, followed by Smoothbeam in Summer and Fall of 2004, for my acne scars. Neither did squat for my scars I'm sorry to say and all it did was waste my time and drain my wallet. With that said, does anyone think I should have to worry about over doing it with lasers? I mean, I know that there have been a couple of lasers mentioned where patients have reported fat loss in their cheeks (namely Thermage and CoolTouch). Which reminds me, I had one derm that tried to push me towards Thermage....which was insanely expensive and I wasn't impressed with him one bit after I read everything about it.

I've been thinking about having V-Beam laser for the past few weeks to treat mainly the post-inflammatory pigmentation and red acne scars, as I feel that it is likely to improve the most noticeable overall improvement in my skin. If I go ahead with this, this would be my 3rd non-ablative laser. I did the Altus Coolglide Laser back in Spring and Summer of 2003, followed by Smoothbeam in Summer and Fall of 2004, for my acne scars. Neither did squat for my scars I'm sorry to say and all it did was waste my time and drain my wallet. With that said, does anyone think I should have to worry about over doing it with lasers? I mean, I know that there have been a couple of lasers mentioned where patients have reported fat loss in their cheeks (namely Thermage and CoolTouch). Which reminds me, I had one derm that tried to push me towards Thermage....which was insanely expensive and I wasn't impressed with him one bit after I read everything about it.

I don't know about the fat loss, but I'm wondering if you should try a different approach. If you tried several similar lasers with no result, I don't know if V-beam is a different enough type of laser that would help anybetter? Just some food for thought.....

Whatever you do DO NOT try the NLITE laser. I has made me look so much older by making all my pores look largers & my scars more depressed & yes it has made my cheeks sag big time

Whatever you do DO NOT try the NLITE laser. I has made me look so much older by making all my pores look largers & my scars more depressed & yes it has made my cheeks sag big time

Yeah, I've read about N-Lite Laser before and it doesn't seem to be really effective. And I'm want to get V-Beam not really for the scars, but more so for the pigmentation problems I have from old acne and the broken capillaries that make my acne scars have a reddish appearance. I understand V-Beam is supposed to help with acne scars too, but like I said that is not why I am thinking about having it done. The reddish appearance of my face is just as bad as the scars themselves.

OMG! I'm so sorry RomaGirl. The EXACT same thing happened to me a few months after Erbium Yag. I will never let another laser touch my face. It has ruined my life.

OMG! I'm so sorry RomaGirl. The EXACT same thing happened to me a few months after Erbium Yag. I will never let another laser touch my face. It has ruined my life.

Sorry you had to endure as well. What have you done to improve your skin? Mine seems to feel a little better to the touch, doesn't feel like sand paper anymore, & it has improved somewhat but I'm scared to death to do anything else. I'm on Tane now so I can't do anything for a while but I can hardly recognize myself in the mirror. Good luck to you. I was actually thinking of getting cheek inplants & fat (my own) injections because they are permanent although probably more expensive. I'm only 30 & I truly belive the laser is too blame, I used to be so pretty.