Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bell Jar

apple cider vinegar for scars

I use acv for acne and it's keeping me clear. But I didn't expect the acv to heal pock marks and a dog bite scar. Is this my imagination or what? How does the ACV help in healing scars?

I've found ACV to help with scars as well. For pimples and cuts. I once got a bad burn on the face and immediately applied ACV. Then applied it three times daily until scar was gone. People were absolutely amazed!!!

I use acv for acne and it's keeping me clear. But I didn't expect the acv to heal pock marks and a dog bite scar. Is this my imagination or what? How does the ACV help in healing scars?

do you keep acv refigerated? how do you apply it? do you dilute it too? i have a big scratch on my chest that turned brown and want it to fade.. can i apply acv to it?

ACV makes your skin peel. That's how it helps with scars. It sloughs off layers of skin, making the scar look less and less noticeable over time.

Okay,now I'm confused. A few days ago, another member on here told me that peeling of any sort wouldn't help with hypertrophic scars and keloids, and that you'd have to have an injection done first to flatten the scars.

So which is true? :o

Okay,now I'm confused. A few days ago, another member on here told me that peeling of any sort wouldn't help with hypertrophic scars and keloids, and that you'd have to have an injection done first to flatten the scars.

CherryBunny3, I think it would slowly help. The key words here are SLOWLY and HELP. It takes a long time, and doesn't cure 100%. Anything that peels your skin will help with scars. Retin A is a stronger choice too for peeling skin in order to help with the appearance of a scar.

There are much stronger options out there though. I think of fighting scars as a battle though, and think that it's worth to try different options/products and that they all help each other.

Like I said, I've never had one. I'm not saying it's going to cure it completely. Just saying there's a chance it will help since it does peel away damaged/scarred skin. There are other things that do this such as retinoids (Retin a, etc.).

EDIT: Oh wait, I have had a raised scar before. But it was on my knee after arthroscopic knee surgery, so I didn't really care about. It stuck around for probably more than 4 years, then got smaller and smaller. It is COMPLETELY gone now. I didn't do anything to it though, it went away on it's own. It was pretty raised too.

CherryBunny3, I think it would slowly help. The key words here are SLOWLY and HELP. It takes a long time, and doesn't cure 100%. Anything that peels your skin will help with scars. Retin A is a stronger choice too for peeling skin in order to help with the appearance of a scar.

There are much stronger options out there though. I think of fighting scars as a battle though, and think that it's worth to try different options/products and that they all help each other.

Like what kind of other stuff if i can ask?

i see results on my scars (a few months old scar) too. Not so much on those 3 or more years old scars though. But the keyword is definitely SLOWLY.