Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
danman

Starting BP for week

i use BP in the morning so far and it seems like pimples are surfacing like woa on my face havin a breakout...is this suppose to happen?

i didnt think there would be initial breakout with BP

i use BP in the morning so far and it seems like pimples are surfacing like woa on my face havin a breakout...is this suppose to happen?

i didnt think there would be initial breakout with BP

I think that the bp makes pimples cycle thru their lives faster because whenever I put it on a spot it doesnt dry it up but it does make it come to a head muuuch quicker. So that is probrably wat is happening with your skin. It is flushing the pimples that you were going to have soon anyway.

I had the same thing happen to me. After using it for a week, I had a breakout but I found that it healed MUCH faster than normal.

I don't think there's any purging or true initial breakout associated with BP the way there is with accutane and topical retinoids, but it's pretty common to break out a little more than usual when starting. I found that over time on the regimen my breakouts became less severe, less often, and more short-lived, until they just stopped altogether after two months.

when i used BP the pimple came overnight and sometimes calmed down at the same day

yes BP does make spots heal quicker and more importantly, PREVENTS from new ones from forming

i have been using bp for ages and gave it up when i get a break out. This time im gonna go through the break out as they seem to heal alot faster. lets see

My breakout happened 3 weeks into the regimen. The turn around on mine is much quicker also. The small ones are gone by the next day and medium ones take 2 days. The large ones put up a little more fight but they still dont last as long as they used too. I am on day 27 and my skin is starting to recooperate from the initial breakout. Some take longer but my acne was mild to begin with. Hang in there! Do the regimen exactly as Dan says. It will get better. Lorrie