Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dav0

gonna be HOT in 5 months bizznattchhhh

Day 1

I took my first 40mg pill 6 hours ago! I'm totally excited about this, I just hope the dryness n irritation won't bother me during the summer. NO TANNING? whatever, im gonna have awesome skin... lol

Things i've tried in the past:

1) Minocin (100mg 3 months) - Worked like a charm! But right when i got off it, I had one of the worst breakouts in my life.

2) Acupuncture - Korean lady promised me clear skin if I did these treatments. One "term" would involve 6 visits. On the initial visit, i got my face pricked (literally) thousands of times, and got my face "cupped", which is a suctioning technique. REALLY PAINFUL, and my whole face was scabby for 4 days. The other 5 visits i would get about 20 needles in my face, and a couple on my body. The results were very good in the beginning (all my clustered acne was totally gone), but eventually started breaking out again. I did 2 terms, then realized that I'm too wuss to take the pain again.

3) Topical Creams - Differin, Benzol Peroxide (5), Pro Active, Vitamin A somethingerother - All had minimal benefits... proactive being the most effective (but still not amazing).

I promised myself that I would never go on accutane cuz of the side effects, but within the last 6 months I've noticed my skin beginning to scar. Hopefully the little bitches (my acne) will subside after a few months.

Wish me luck!

Congrats! Good luck. I had great success with Accutane.

If you start to get dry, just use moisturizer and chapstick for your lips. Otherwise, you should be fine.

Day 2

No Change other than being a little moody and achy. It's gotta be psycho-somatic.

Thanks rofl! Will do.

Day 3

My face is clearer than it's ever been! No active pimples (xept one in my nose that u can't see but is killer painful)

I doubt it has anything to do with the accutane. IB's gonna suck...

Oh and I'm getting some major pain in my right knuckle. Kept waking me up last night.

hey dav0

hey man... goodluck on the Tane... yeh i agreed with roflcopter... shouldnt be worry so much on IB... as it only happen to some people... which sucks for me that im going through one now at week3... anyways all the best...

Day 4

My skin looks AWESOME!!! It may be the warm weather, but my face is pretty much clear. I hope it stays that way, cuz i feel some pretty deep bumps.

THanks for the replies guys! It's awesome knowing that there are people out there going through the same shit.

Frances, i'll make sure to check up on your log too.

ps. smoke weed everydayyyyy

Day 5,6 and 7

My face is still pretty clear. getting kind of dry. Should i stop using benzol 2.5?

Day 5,6 and 7

My face is still pretty clear. getting kind of dry. Should i stop using benzol 2.5?

Hey dav0

Mad stuff... cleared already within a week... i also hope it stay that way for u too.

Yeh, listen to Jordan... unless your Derm tell u to use something while on the Tane... usuallly they dont because Accutane is really strong already on its own.

All the best... be back and check your log soon...

Takecare!

Day 9

Thanks guys.

My face is still pretty good. I feel a couple bumps in some areas, but i'm crossing my fingers that it's not my IB.

Also, I'm taking Kre-Alkalyn, a form of creatine. It's ph-balanced, which means no loading, no cycling and no dehydration. Is it ok that i'm taking this while on accutane?

Day 9

Thanks guys.

My face is still pretty good. I feel a couple bumps in some areas, but i'm crossing my fingers that it's not my IB.

Also, I'm taking Kre-Alkalyn, a form of creatine. It's ph-balanced, which means no loading, no cycling and no dehydration. Is it ok that i'm taking this while on accutane?

Day 10 & 11

IB's starting to kick in... lips are dry and annoying...

popeye - no problems working out, other than my hands getting red from my gloves. i'll be checking your log since you may be taking creatine.

Day 12 & 13

My IB kinda stopped.. maybe it wasn't my ib?

Face is still kinda oily, xept around the lip area.

Im always thirsty!! (and whiny)

Sounds like everything is going pretty good for you so far. I keep thinking I am getting an IB but then it turns into nothing. Good luck with your course!

Day 14 & 15 (40mg/day, 70kg male)

My face is clearer than ever. Lips aren't too dry anymore. Still hoping i don't get IB.

No side effects either. I may be a bit moody, but i usually just smoke up n i feel much better.

Kre-alkalyn/Creatine doesn't seem to be hurting me in any way. I guess i'll continue usage till i get a heart attack or something.

Day 34

So it's been about 2 weeks since my last post, and nothing much has changed. I have one cystic pimple on my temple, but other than that, just a few clogged pores.

I've noticed more discoloration, and my face looks kinda.. off... i don't know how to describe it, but the colour is just weird.

My skin has been getting pretty dry, especially on the back of my hands and my upper arms.

Very mild headaches and joint pain. maybe psychosomatic.

My doc upped my dose to 60mg/day, and I still use kre-alkalyn with my workouts. Smoke weed everyday =P

hi :) can anyone suggest a skin care regime to use while on accutane? im in my 7th week, i have mild but persistant acne and have paid privatel to get it. My skin is dry but has a few clogged pores at the mo, what cleanser, moisturiser and sunscreen can any1 suggest?...thanks

Day 38

I got this one big bump on my temple... it doesn't hurt but it's big n hard. Is there something i should do to treat it?

Otherwise, everything's great. Came close to getting a nose bleed yesterday and my lips are uber dry. My face however is still a bit oily.

Day 50

nah, i don't think i'm gonna be posting up any pictures yet, sorry dude =P

it's day 50, and things seem about the same. i seem to always have at least one big pimple somewhere on my face, and once that one is gone, another one appears right after. kinda annoying.

I didn't have IB, nor do i have problems with my facial skin getting dry. I guess that cuz my face usually get uber oily during this time of the year. the back of my hands and my upper arms are REALLY dry, and i keep getting cuts/gashes.

my skin tone is really weird... it's getting kinda patchy, and the red scars from previous pimples are returning.

i'm moody and need a beeer