Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CherryBunny3

Need help with eye make up

So this friday night , Iam going to a night club for the first time and iam going for a b-day party , I picked this cute dress today and I have no clue what eye shadow color or eye make up I should do or wear

Pic of the dress:

Dress

I have brown eyes and light skin.

Do you want to go dramatic or subtle? I usually go for bolder colors (like green and blue) because they make brown eyes pop more. Or, you could do a smoky look with black eyeliner and black mascara with a more neutral eyeshadow.

i must say, that's a BEAUTIFUL dress!

since its neutral coloured.. black and white... and you have brown eyes, i think a colour like earthy green or even teal blue on your eyes would look nice.

Purple smokey eye. Universally flattering but especially gorgeous on brown eyes. Try using blue-toned purples. I'm currently obsessed with the purple smokey eye. Subtle and gorgeous but not over the top.

Purple smokey eye. Universally flattering but especially gorgeous on brown eyes. Try using blue-toned purples. I'm currently obsessed with the purple smokey eye. Subtle and gorgeous but not over the top.

Your dress is adorable! I agree with the purple smokey eye makeup.

I found tuts here and here and a lighter one here

Stila makes a Smokey Eye pallette that comes with instructions. You just punch the button and it tells you how to apply the makeup. Kinda fun. I saw it at Sephora.

Hope you have fun!

very dark navy blue is the best color for liner/shadow when you have brown eyes. Just not flourescent blue like in the 80s. That was just :sick: when it was in style.

smoky eyes.... black eyeliner(smudged) n mascara...some clear lip gloss n foundation .... perfect night time makeup IMO

CANT GO WRONG

Thanks all for the tips ! Btw Iam looking at the PF eyeshadow ones but not sure if those are good enough.

Shorton - thanks for the site =) and i will check the stila eyeshadows , how is the staying power?

Thanks all for the tips ! Btw Iam looking at the PF eyeshadow ones but not sure if those are good enough.

Shorton - thanks for the site =) and i will check the stila eyeshadows , how is the staying power?

My friend who goes to the club alot and her husband works as a DJ at times told me to pick a nice dress and she didnt mind me choosing that dress , besides as i said in my post..a birthday party.

My friend who goes to the club alot and her husband works as a DJ at times told me to pick a nice dress and she didnt mind me choosing that dress , besides as i said in my post..a birthday party.

I don't know how old you are, but just becuase it's a birthday party doesn't mean it can't be outrageous ( ie. drinking, dancing, loud clubs)

I didn't say anything bad about the dress, it's very cute for maybe a nice summer/spring day, but not for the outrageous nightclubs.Have you seen what the other girls are wearing? You may want to check..

As for the makeup, smokey eyed is the absolute best.

I think the dress looks a bit summer/spring day or even a dinner date dress. But her friends think it's fine, so as long as she is comfortable & feels good about it. A lot of people even wear jeans to clubs, with heels & a dressy top. I agree to check with other people, that way you dont end up feeling odd.

Also you don't have to be outrageous for a club. You can wear a club dress & be somewhat modest. It's more about the style of the dress.

I think the dress looks a bit summer/spring day or even a dinner date dress. But her friends think it's fine, so as long as she is comfortable & feels good about it. A lot of people even wear jeans to clubs, with heels & a dressy top. I agree to check with other people, that way you dont end up feeling odd.

Also you don't have to be outrageous for a club. You can wear a club dress & be somewhat modest. It's more about the style of the dress.

I agree with everything you say. I didn't say it had to be short, hoochi mama-ish, I just think a different style would be better.

but mostly people wear causual yet a bit stylish for clubs..I've seen people wear tank tops and denim skirts...and its nothing but the highheels changes the whole outfit and the accessories..

just curious, Cherry... do you live in LA?

That's true about the accessories changing up an outfit. Also, it can depend on the type of club & the people there. The last time I went to a club I wore my usual mod mini & kitten heels & most girls were in halter tops & jeans cuz it was more mainstream music playing, but I have my own style that is me so I didnt care.

It's a cute dress & I'm sure you'll look great. :)

just curious, Cherry... do you live in LA?

That's true about the accessories changing up an outfit. Also, it can depend on the type of club & the people there. The last time I went to a club I wore my usual mod mini & kitten heels & most girls were in halter tops & jeans cuz it was more mainstream music playing, but I have my own style that is me so I didnt care.

It's a cute dress & I'm sure you'll look great. :)

i want pics! :D:cool2:

ooh, ok. i was just thinking about possible differences in LA clubs specifically.

honestly i think you'll look great in that dress. :)

i want pics! :D:cool2:

I dont have any on my comp :think:

Well this is a short dress I have that looks typical of what I might wear to a club (my cat snuck her furry head in the pic, hehe)

Mod Dress

Another:

Strapless Dress

Dont ask me to model anything; I'm in my jammies ready for bed :D

I dont know where my red mod style mini is, cuz I have ridiculous amounts of clothes I'd have to sort through....