Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dancinginside

What kind of scar is this?

What kind of scar is this in my picture

I use to have 2 cysts side by side and someone on top of the other it was horrible

it was popped and now 3 motnhs later it is still scarred iwth a bit of elevation

what is this called and what can i do to get rid of it because it is ruining my social life and confidence.

post-56455-1175127162_thumb.jpg

post-56455-1175127162_thumb.jpg

Hello DancingInside!

It looks like you have a hypertrophic (raised) scar. You might want to check into getting the scar injected with steroids by a dermatologist. It will flatten the scar. You also might consider silicone pads or creams. Check with your local Pharmacist.

I'm wishing you the best of luck. Miss-P

will my local doctor help me find the right prescription or should ihit up a dermatologist.

are these easy to fix? considering mine isnt a huge elevation just a little bit?

Hey DancingInside!

That's up to you if you choose to go to your family Physician, but if it were me, I'd definitley choose a dermatologist (they deal directly with skin issues).

As far as your hypertrophic scarring, it should be a lot easier to correct than a keloid scar. Some hypertrophic scarring will even fade away on its own; although I would definitely recommend using silicone sheets or getting a cortisone (steroid) injection. The results will be much quicker than waiting it out.

Good luck to you! Miss-P

Hiya DancingInside!

The cost will vary. Do you have insurance? If yes, medical insurance will cover the steroid injections. As far as silicone sheets and creams - it depends. I've seen silicone sheets as much as $40.00 dollars.

If it were me, I'd make an appointment with the dermatologist. Progress will come a lot quicker and most co-pays are cheaper than $40.00.

Best wishes -- MissP

What kind of scar is this in my picture

I use to have 2 cysts side by side and someone on top of the other it was horrible

it was popped and now 3 motnhs later it is still scarred iwth a bit of elevation

what is this called and what can i do to get rid of it because it is ruining my social life and confidence.

Man what are you talking about?!?!?!? what scar, i can#t see 1 single scar on that picture, you need help if you think your skin is bad.

Hello DancingInside!

If you decide to get steroid injections, they're definitely quicker than silicone sheets. And yes, if you get a steroid injection the Physician will inject it into the hypertrophic (raised) scar.

Sometimes it may only take one or two treatments, and sometimes more. As for silicone, I personally wouldn't use it. I'm sure it works but the time in waiting could take awhile. Plus, you'd be wearing a white/clear bandage on your nose. Something you'd probably only want to use when you're at home.

I'm wishing you the best! Miss-P

well heres an update, my local doctor said i shoudlnt do a cortisone shot and saids only thing he knwos is accuatane but i aint goin to go on that.

he did recommend me to a derm which is not gonna see me for anotehr 2 months whic is stupid.

but uhm lets see i will upload these pics to let you see the scar.

here they are

post-56455-1175812353_thumb.jpg

post-56455-1175812360_thumb.jpg

post-56455-1175812353_thumb.jpg

post-56455-1175812360_thumb.jpg

Hello Dancing!

I find it highly odd that your Physician wants to put you on accutane over a hypertrophic scar. Accutane is recommended for people who have severe acne, not hypertrophic scarring. Most people who have keloids and/or hypertrophic scarring are usually given steroid injections (although keloid scarring is a lot more difficult to get rid of). I'd definitely recommend making an appointment with your dermatologist.

Here is an article that explains in detail about hypertrophic (raised) scarring and keloids.

http://www.breasthealthonline.org/cgi-bin/...ow.pl?tid=46478