Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
A.K.

Just started on regimne

Hello,

I just started on the regimne and I just had a severe breakout. After using the regimne a couple of times I've had a new breakout and in spots where I never had before. I am using neutrogena benzoyl peroxidase and cetaphil cleanser and moisturizer. I think it may be the moisturizer--it is very greasy and I am usually very sensitive to such products. But it may be the cleanser or the peroxidase. Just wanted to know what people's thoughts were about this. Thanks

Is it ok to skip the moisturizer especially if you skin is really oily?

nighttime moisturizing is optional, but you want to be sure your skin is staying hydrated so do try to use it once a day at least (either morning or night, whichever you prefer).

For one...you're just beginning. But most importantly, you have not started the "regime" because on of the key components, ie. the products your using are not the correct ones.

Were you using Cetaphil products before trying the regimen? If not, I would consider switching your cleanser and moisturiser to something less 'thick' - I never found either of those to be good for my skin. Just a thought. Look around on these boards - there are lots of suggestions for better cleansers (Dan's, for example) and moisturisers.

For one...you're just beginning. But most importantly, you have not started the "regime" because on of the key components, ie. the products your using are not the correct ones.

Yeah he is...Cetaphil cleanser, Neutrogena BP, and Cetaphil moisturizer...

Try to only switch pne product at a time. It is easier to figure out what works for you when you do that. If your skin is sensitive to something, you will never figure out what it is if you are switching products all the time. Since you dont like the moisturizer, you could try switching that first. Just to let you know though, I use the Cetaphil moisturizer and the first 4-5 days of using it I noticed that my skin was oilier too but I stuck it out and thats no longer a problem. Actually I really like the Cetaphil. When your skin starts to dry out from the BP, you will be thankful for a good moisturizer. Good luck! Lorrie

Oh by the way, you could try the Purpose Gentle Cleansing Wash but not the bar cleanser. It's very affordable.

if youre getting spots in places youve never gotten them before, dont put BP on them. i only put BP on the inside of my face cuz my outside cheeks have never gotten acne except like, one pimple a year. so there was really no point.