Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
spikeyli

Just curious

At one point many people on this site was using Joppa, until their customer service hit a wall. I was just wondering how many out there still uses Joppa. I've change from Joppa to Physicians Formula because I wanted something I can go into a store and order. I got tired of ordering stuff from the internet. I was just curious if others have done the same.

So here's the question, are you still using Joppa? If not, which brand did you switch to?

Joppa was the first MMU I tried. I didn't like the color (GRAY) & felt it looked too powdery, but the coverage, light feeling, wear, & oil control made me get into MMU. After much sampling I have settled on Everyday Minerals as my favorite.

I wanted to try joppa but I couldnt get my order after 2 tries, so I'm currently using Aubrey Nicole now and its great!

Guest Pieces Mended

Joppa. UGH. Still haven't gotten that brush! =P

Anyway, I loved Joppa's coverage...but their CS made it so I would probably never order from there again. I switched to Aubrey Nicole. GREAT service, great colors and coverage. I love it.

I was using Joppa up until a few days ago when I decided to order AN. I didn't have problems with their customer service, I would get my stuff within 3-4 days everytime. However, I couldn't find a foundation color that worked for me, and their prices went up. AN has way more colors (waiting for my first samples!) and better prices.

However, Joppa does make a good product. Its too bad thier customer service is generally terrible (for most people).

everyday minerals was my first MMU. i did want to experiment with joppa but their customer service experienced by some of the people here had really bad experiences! so i wont be ordering from them :snooty:

Yeah, it's too bad that so many people are having problems with their customer service. Hopefully by now they've fixed that. My bridesmaid just placed an order, so we'll see.

I started with BE, got bad acne from it, then switched to Joppa. My acne got better but still breaking out, so I stopped wearing makeup period. Now that my acne is gone, I started using PF, so far it hadn't broke me out. But to be fair, I've only used PF a few times, not on a daily basis like I did with Joppa.

I still use Joppa occasionally (but I have not needed to order from them in a long time), but lately I have been using Aubrey Nicole and loving it. I think today may be a Joppa day, though.... we will see. I loved their makeup, but was also very disappointed at their customer service, and wanted to support companies that focused on good customer service. The sad thing is, if the service had been better, I would not have looked elsewhere, and would have purchased many other items from them. :cry:

I still use their finishing dust. Would've loved to find a foundation in my color, if their CS wasn't so pathetic.

My problem is they keep coming out with cool new stuff that I want to buy, but realisticly I know I'm not using up the stuff I bought already so it'd just sit there. That and I'm afraid it'll be lost or delayed so I rather not deal with it. My other thing was just that I really want to start buying stuff I can see. The pictures online never is true to the product I get. It's damn near impossible to get an idea what the thing really look like on me.

I'm still using Joppa too. I haven't had to order anything in a while tho either. I got lucky and matched my colors on the first try.

Me too, their medium 1 foundation matches my skin perfectly. I've bought so much from them I think I'll be good for at least a year or two. And it just doesn't pay to order small, when I order I place a big one so I pay for the shipping once.

I know what you mean Spikeyli--

Actually, between Joppa, AN, and EM, I think I have enough makeup to last about 10 years :lol: , but I still end up finding something else I want to try. The Joppa foundation does match my skin very well, though....

Actually, I saw today Joppa just introduced a new line called "Morning Dew" that includes foundation and finishing silk. Below is the description:

"Our Morning Dew Foundation eliminates the need for a seperate bronzer by adding a golden glow with very natural color, giving your skin a beautiful radiance. We have eliminated the Kaolin Clay in this blend making it perfect for dryer skin types. Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide, Zinc Oxide, Mica, Iron Oxides, Silica"

I didn't hear that, lalalalalaala, I don't know they got something I've been looking for forever, lalalalalalaala...

I've only tried EM, L'oreal, and Joppa MU and Joppa is by far the best. But I ordered on 3/4 and it still hasn't arrived. My first order took a ridiculous 2 months. :wall:

Maybe I should try AN? I didn't like EM because it made my pores extremely noticeable, and caked up on my nose after an hour. And even my boyfriend noticed. He said [without me asking] that he thinks my makeup looks good on the Joppa days.

I've only tried EM, L'oreal, and Joppa MU and Joppa is by far the best. But I ordered on 3/4 and it still hasn't arrived. My first order took a ridiculous 2 months. :wall:

Maybe I should try AN? I didn't like EM because it made my pores extremely noticeable, and caked up on my nose after an hour. And even my boyfriend noticed. He said [without me asking] that he thinks my makeup looks good on the Joppa days.

yep, Joppa is really nice makeup. But if you're having to wait that long to get it, maybe its not worth it. Like I said before, I switched from Joppa to AN because I couldn't find a good color match. AN's fair light neutral color matches really well, but it seems like the coverage isn't as good as Joppa's.

Just something to consider....maybe its because I need such a light color, and its too light to cover up red spots. You might get really good coverage from AN if you use a darker shade, that's just a hypothesis though.

I just placed a sample order with AN, so I'll let you know what I think. My problem with mineral makeup these days is I feel like it makes my face look older, that it exagerates lines and pores. I didn't have this problem before but after a while the results just kinda dropped off. I don't know if it's because of the nature of the makeup being in powder form but it looks very dry on my face, even after I put on moisturizer.

I just placed a sample order with AN, so I'll let you know what I think. My problem with mineral makeup these days is I feel like it makes my face look older, that it exagerates lines and pores. I didn't have this problem before but after a while the results just kinda dropped off. I don't know if it's because of the nature of the makeup being in powder form but it looks very dry on my face, even after I put on moisturizer.