Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hicuphinduchest

jojoba oil causing liver problems...?

soo i went to the derm today and apparently my liver things (whatever they're called..) are almost double what they should be :doh:

i havent drank any alcohol, taken any pills...what else could be causing it? i havent changed anything at all, except that i use jojoba oil as a moisturizer now.

i doubt thats it, but my mom mentioned that sometimes stuff like that happens...i dunno..its the only thing we could think of (this was after the visit, so i didnt get a chance to mention it to my derm, i will next month)

any ideas?

I really, really, really doubt thats the problem.

I havnt even heard of any type of oil affecting your liver if it's only applied externally.

I assume you are taking Accutane since your in the accutane forum? If so, thats the trouble, not the jojoba oil ...

I assume you are taking Accutane since your in the accutane forum? If so, thats the trouble, not the jojoba oil ...

Yep. Accutane.

soo i went to the derm today and apparently my liver things (whatever they're called..) are almost double what they should be :doh:

i havent drank any alcohol, taken any pills...what else could be causing it? i havent changed anything at all, except that i use jojoba oil as a moisturizer now.

i doubt thats it, but my mom mentioned that sometimes stuff like that happens...i dunno..its the only thing we could think of (this was after the visit, so i didnt get a chance to mention it to my derm, i will next month)

any ideas?

That happens to some people on accutane. If you were drinking, it would be worse.