Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MasterThief

Wondering If You Could Give Me Advice

Alright, I've been reading the posts in this forum, and I must admit I'm impressed about how helpful you all are with the problems of others, so I'm going to give it a try. I'm a 17 year old female with very sensitive skin and moderate acne, primarily around my mouth, chin, and lip. My acne consists of pus-filled pockets in the very corners of my mouth, minor cyst-like (?) lumps on my chin and along my upper lips. It is extremely painful, to eat especially. I've had acne for as long as I remember. BP and SA do nothing for my skin except irritate it. Tea tree oil worked for a while, but it was too harsh. ACV doesn't do much for me topically, is harsh even diluted, so I'm taking it orally, hopefully I'll see results. Other traditional methods do nothing for my skin as well. Benzaclin and other perscriptions failed, as did oral prescriptions. I no longer get it on my back like I used to, so it puzzles me why I still get it on my face. I believe after much experience it may be hormonal, as I suffer flare-ups before my period, and treatments do little. I was wondering if you could give me some advice, I'd really appreciate it. I'd prefer going the organic way if possible. I'm just tired of feeling inferior, unmotivated, and stressed. Thanks again!

ps. I'd prefer to not take any birth control

:(

i haven't personally tried it, but taking fish oil has done a LOT for people. there's a thread about it somewhere. enter it in the search bar and you'll find it :]

there's also things like zinc, of course, which you can take orally.

have you tried looking in the natural/home remedies part of the ratings section of the site? there's lots of things there. people seem to like the baking soda thing.

I don't know if this is your problem .... but apparently toothpaste can cause some people to break out in exactly those areas.

Mandy Ann started a good thread on this, maybe in this forum? Try searching on "toothpaste" and see if you can find it.

i haven't personally tried it, but taking fish oil has done a LOT for people. there's a thread about it somewhere. enter it in the search bar and you'll find it :]

there's also things like zinc, of course, which you can take orally.

have you tried looking in the natural/home remedies part of the ratings section of the site? there's lots of things there. people seem to like the baking soda thing.

Thanks! I've just started exfoliating with baking soda. I'll consider the fish oil, and i'll check the section.