Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Aeonus

Found a product that actually works....(S. Acid too!)

New member here, but I have utilized this board for about a year and it has been extremely helpful.

Well, I am soon going to start on the DK Regimen (ordered some yesterday) after having gone through just about every BP, Cleanser, Blackhead ridder, and Moisturizer out there. I even tried ACV but couldn't stand the smell/taste.

My first post here is to let you all know about the success I AM having with a blackhead product.

I have tried S. Acid before and my skin hated it....didn't do anything for my pimples, and never affected my blackheads that I have on my nose. Also made my skin extremely oily.

Well, the blackheads on my nose were getting to be pretty bad and I was sick of trying to successfully squeeze them out (which was a temp. solution...also made my pores HUGE). So on a whim I went to the Rite-Aid near me and picked out a bottle of Clearasil Blackhead Control Astringent w/Sea Salt, which was supposedly a "new" product.

Been on it for a little over a week now and let me tell you, I have seen a HUGE improvement. My nose still gets oily from the stuff, so I reduced application to night time, but already I am seeing my pores have shrunk tremendously, and my blackheads have been reduced by about 75%.

To give you a visual, my nose had blackheads in just about every other pore. About half were big enough to be noticable, and the other half were small enough that you had to look real closely to see. Either way it was reaching a breaking point for me.

Anyways, like I said the product does make my nose oily (my skin hates S. Acid) but it does work for me. Anyone looking for a new OTC product might want to give it a whirl.

I'll keep you all up to date here in a week and see where my nose is at.

New member here, but I have utilized this board for about a year and it has been extremely helpful.

Well, I am soon going to start on the DK Regimen (ordered some yesterday) after having gone through just about every BP, Cleanser, Blackhead ridder, and Moisturizer out there. I even tried ACV but couldn't stand the smell/taste.

My first post here is to let you all know about the success I AM having with a blackhead product.

I have tried S. Acid before and my skin hated it....didn't do anything for my pimples, and never affected my blackheads that I have on my nose. Also made my skin extremely oily.

Well, the blackheads on my nose were getting to be pretty bad and I was sick of trying to successfully squeeze them out (which was a temp. solution...also made my pores HUGE). So on a whim I went to the Rite-Aid near me and picked out a bottle of Clearasil Blackhead Control Astringent w/Sea Salt, which was supposedly a "new" product.

Been on it for a little over a week now and let me tell you, I have seen a HUGE improvement. My nose still gets oily from the stuff, so I reduced application to night time, but already I am seeing my pores have shrunk tremendously, and my blackheads have been reduced by about 75%.

To give you a visual, my nose had blackheads in just about every other pore. About half were big enough to be noticable, and the other half were small enough that you had to look real closely to see. Either way it was reaching a breaking point for me.

Anyways, like I said the product does make my nose oily (my skin hates S. Acid) but it does work for me. Anyone looking for a new OTC product might want to give it a whirl.

I've actually been wondering about that product for a while..... could you test it's pH with a test strip? S. acid products supposedly only work at a pH of less than 4.

I've actually been wondering about that product for a while..... could you test it's pH with a test strip? S. acid products supposedly only work at a pH of less than 4.

bump. anyone?

Sorry for the late response.

I don't have those strips, so I can't test the PH. I do have this to say about my blackheads though...they may have decreased, but my nose is still decently bad. The product works, but it seems to a point.

Yeah i just brought this product to on Thursday with the Clearasil Control Scrub.....I hope they work...

You cant just give up when you just used it for a week....It might take a little longer maybe about a month or more.....