Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Oilygarch

Pregnant and advised no Benzoyl Peroxide

My only alternative now seems to be holistic. I'm totally open to it but don't know where to begin. My skin is extremely oily and I get acne on my cheeks. Right now it's under control but without being able to use Dan's regimen, I don't know what I'm gonna do.

:confused:

really? whilst im not suggesting thats wrong,i was under the impression by others that alot of people use BP in pregnancy, but i guess if you were told different.

I think it is really difficult to control acne during pregnancy because of all the hormonal fluctuations, I think BP is fine, you might want to get a second opinion (from a different doctor) about that. i know it isn't ok to use retin A during pregnancy. you can't use tetracycline (and obviously not accutane) either i know. i think there are some antibiotics that can be used during pregnency though, like ethromycin, i'm not sure though. you can probably use salicylic acid.

P.S. I know some people's acne actually improves with pregnancy. but for some people pregnancy makes it worse.

BP is a category C drug, which means...........

Only given after risks to the fetus are considered; animal studies have shown adverse reactions, no human studies available.

SA is also a Category C drug.

Good luck with your pregnancy!

ZENO!!! im not sure if that is bad at all for people with pregnancy but its my life saver, but it also depends how bad ur acne is would i consider buying it. but if not u may want to start with the dessert essence products i know a lot of people have good luck with the products and its all natural and usually contains jojoba oil and trea oil. Also consider looking into the GMR (goat milk regimen) there is a thread on here about the products and just type in GMR in the search and u should get more info

Odd. My OB assured me BP was fine when I was pregnant.

I used it too. Each doctor has his preferences on what he deems ok or not.

I was also told by my OB it was fine too. I used BP during my pregnancy as well. I think doctors are just overly paranoid of getting sued now. But you really need to do what you feel is best for you.