Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
raspberryheaven

do you wear make up to your derm?

I'm on accutane and when I go to the derm I try to put on as little make up as possible, but I still want my derm to see my face free of make up. But the thing is--It seems that I'm always the only one with acne in the waiting room so I feel like everyone would be staring at me if I don't wear any make up at all. I don't want to scare the people in the waiting room. :/ So I was curious, does anyone else have this problem?

If this should be posted somewhere else, I'm very sorry!

I was afraid of the same thing...when I went to my dermatologist I was the only one with acne...and no I didn't wear makeup...I wanted him to see everything and anything. I felt bad at first since everyone else's skin was clear...but who knows, maybe they've already been on medications and were cleared up..who knows..

If you think about it, sitting in a dermatologist's waiting room with acne is a good thing, because it's clearly the reason why you're there.

I think it's almost worse to see people with clear faces in the waiting room because you have to wonder what and where their problem is. I'm sure there's some nasty non-acne problems you just can't see.

;)

At first when I went I felt a bit insecure because I was the only one with acne there, but since going I have seen people with worse skin problems than acne. Like we are jealous of their clear skin, maybe some of them are jealous that our only problem is acne and we don't have problems as bad as theirs.

I do - it's awful, I know I shouldn't, but I can't help it. There's old people, but there's also people my age, and I rarely see people with acne there. At certain times of the day there are also a lot of people in the waiting room (it's like waiting at the walk-in clinic). It makes me very self-conscious.

I actually do but only because I have to walk across campus to get to my derm's office (in college)... but at least I tell him I'm wearing it lol

I wore a little bit of make-up the first time but after that I got ssoooo comfortable now I just go with a little translucent powder on. (for oily skin, eek!)

i just put tea tree oil cover stick by body shop, its non-comedogenic, put it in dotted spots to cover reddish acne. Make sure that it blend on your skin tone.

I was afraid of the same thing...when I went to my dermatologist I was the only one with acne...and no I didn't wear makeup...I wanted him to see everything and anything. I felt bad at first since everyone else's skin was clear...but who knows, maybe they've already been on medications and were cleared up..who knows..

Back when I was a regular patient at the derms office, I always arrived with makeup on because I was either coming from school or work. They always gave me a little wet wipe to clean it all off so the doctor could get a good look at my skin. They kept a whole drawer of those little wipes, so I'm sure I wasn't the only one who came with makeup on.

I didn't wear makeup for my first derm appointment 'cause I wanted him to see how bad my acne was in the past. I honestly think going without makeup is what led him to prescribe Accutane for me.

I never wear makeup to visit the derm. I know they can take off your makeup with those wipes but they are horrid and just upset my skin even more! I go bare faced and proud - I've had acne long enough not to let other peoples stupid stares upset me! It's cool because the receptionist always calls me mademoiselle and not madame at least its obvious I don't need botox or restylane! since I've been on the Accutane - with the exception of a few red marks from dying spots - my skin is luminous!

If makeup had to ability to "fool" the dermatologist into thinking we didn't have acne then none of us would bother taking accutane.

I always wore makeup to the dermatologist. She never asked me to wipe it off unless I was getting microderm or something. The dermatologist I went to in highschool even had many different shades of foundation in case people were ruddy or reddish after acne treatment and felt self conscious going outside.

...lol me to. I dont even wear make up anymore. Quite frankly, I look better without it