Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
keeptrying

best make-up for red spots

Ok, basically I have red inflammed areas on my skin, mainly cheeks and I use neutrogena cover-up stick for spots. Instead, I just put it on my cheeks, pat it with water, and then dry it, and it looks alright. I'm a guy and I know nothing about make-up. I'm just trying to cover the red spots up for now while my skin tries to heal from the vbeam and smoothbeam treatment that I had. Hopefully my 2nd vbeam treatment in early january will get rid of the more prominent red marks and I will be fine to go in public with light spots.

To sum this all up, I just want to know what is the best make-up for a no-brainer to apply that covers up red spots. Perferably one that does not look pasty and does not become too shiny. And of course is non-comedengic.

thanks

A concealer is best for covering up red spots. There really isn't a particular brand that's best, just select a color that closely matches your own skin tone.

It's best not to apply water after putting on makeup as this will just dilute the makeup and ruin the effect you are trying to achieve. One of the keys is to blend after application.

I have inflammed skin as well due to my daily allergic reaction. sad.gif No acne but just red inflammed face, which is even worse I think.

Anyhow...

Since you are a guy and have red inflammed skin....you have to make it look as normal as you possibly could. That means no thick foundation otherwise you will look "made-up".

I created this web a long while ago just to help men understand how to use makeup to conceal your acne, acne scars, and inflammed skin. You might like to take a bit of time to red....(not that long...promise)

http://www.geocities.com/research_note/acn...and_makeup.html

Just click on Minimal acne, do not have prominent scar/ just want to even out your skintone at the bottom of the page and see what you need to do. biggrin.gif

PS....don't dilute your makeup with water.

people thanks for the replies and the link. Concerning the make-up and water thing. The only reason why I put water on a cloth and then put that cloth on my face is to smooth out the concelor stick that i basically put all over my face. As well the concelour only comes is on colour and is a bit lighter than my skin tone which is why i try to wet it so it looks more like my skin tone, since some of the make-up is removed. This is the primary reason why I want to find a different make-up for my skin.

people thanks for the replies and the link. Concerning the make-up and water thing. The only reason why I put water on a cloth and then put that cloth on my face is to smooth out the concelor stick that i basically put all over my face. As well the concelour only comes is on colour and is a bit lighter than my skin tone

shock.gifshock.gif

1) concealer shouldn't be use ALL OVER your face. If you keep doing that you might endup with more pimple later on.

This is because concealer is normally quite thick and hard to clean. You shouldn't use it in large area.

Alternative..........use foundation stick instead.

2) As well the concelour only comes is on colour and is a bit lighter than my skin tone

Go to MAC counter....they have more than 10 shade of concealer .....and MAC concealer are softer than most stick concealer.

please please please....don't use concealer all over your face. If you wanna cover all over your face, you should use foundation instead. Try Dermablend or Neo Strata......these two brand are created for people with acne and problematic skin. for both male and female....

CoverBlend!!! no concealer necessary.

This stuff is wonderful. The foundation covers everything all by itself.

Spot covering with the concealer is another option if you don't need foundation all over.

Well, the acutally name is 'on-the-spot blemish wand' by neutrogena.

maybe that helps.. probably doesn't help my situation.

:S

As Sparty said, only use concealor to spot treat, not all over your face. If you need to cover your entire face, it's best to switch from concealor to makeup. Again, I can't say enough about blending so that it creates a more natural effect.

Go to a department store where you can actually try the product before you purchase it. Make sure that the makeup matches your skin tone. If you get it at a drugstore, then it may or may not match your skin.