Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CherryBunny3

wasting money on same styles

My sister and mom loving shopping at TJMaxx, Marshalls, Ross, etc. The stores like that. I personally don't think there's anything wrong with it either. Most people like to wear name brands that are expensive just for the sake of wearing them. I do it because I think it's fashionable and I like to dress better than most people.

Again, if it suits your style, go for it. If you watch an episode of Smallville, Tom Wellings wears boots, jeans, and a plain shirt. The whole outfit you can get for $15 at K-Mart or something. But he looks like a stud whether it's those or a Prada suit.

dressed up like....dressed really nicely. not a cocktail dress, but a cute dress with jewelry and nice shoes. a lot of people think thats too dressed up, and they wear jeans and hoodies, but i wear dresses and stuff everyday almost, and most people think its really cool.

i do care what people think, so thats why i "dress up"

i guess i just meant dress really nice though

^^^ If you're a female and looking for skinny jeans, I suggest J Brand jeans; they fit like a dream and they're fucking cute as hell. I also like Tsubi and Sass & Bide when it comes to skinny jeans that fit perfectly and make your booty look like sin. :dance:

Dressing fashionably might be a gray suit with a brown shirt with brown shoes.

that would be dressing boring ;)

the two muted colors is a no-no. replace that with a lavendar shirt and you'd be solid. :cool:

Most people here who gave me names of brands to shop from are freaking expensive even in sales and I just think they are way too dressy for me as well

Guess iam stuck

Style is not about the brands you wear. It's HOW you wear the clothes and put things together.

I know people who wear $250 True Religion/Diesel jeans but will wear a plain 5$ t-shirt to complete the outfit. The expensive jeans/brands doesn't mean the person is fashionable.

For girls, I think it's all about accessorizing. Keep your style, since you like it and feel comfortable but add a little flare. Like a cute hat, funky earings, necklaces, scarves, you get the idea. Bonus points if some of these things match what you're wearing.

I dunno about anyone else but i love a girl in a nice dress, all the girlfriends i've had have always been a jeans or skirt with a t shirt, they used to say they hated wearing dresses.

Dunno why but just makes a girl seem more grown up and glamourous, not a dress you would wear to the oscars, but just like a casual one, super hot :P

I'm not entirely sure what you're aiming for, if you like the clothes you're wearing but slightly annoyed they're all the same, why not buy 75% of an outfit you normally would wear, and buy 25% of something you wouldn't that goes with it.

Considering my appearance perhaps i shouldnt be offering fashion tips, i wear clothes i like and it usually helps because noone else seems to wear them, granted i get a lot of weird looks and sometimes nasty comments but i take pride in looking different, i'd hate to be another face in the crowd. even simple stuff like tee's or trousers, i tend to pick abrasive and unique types, or purchase very simple types and customize them, perhaps you could try a similiar approach if you want to revamp old clothes to make them look new.

just do whatever you're comfortable with.

Also, check out anthropologie.com! Stuff there is more than affordable, as well.

Their stuff is awesome....however, affordable they are not. It is clear you are not in the average income bracket of a college student in their early 20s.

All those designers/ brands you listed are pretty awesome, but even with sales I dont think that most people could afford it. It's disturbing how wealthier people are so out of touch with reality...

Not affordable?? Puh-leeease. Have you even checked out their sale items?? Obviously not, because if you did, you'd realize that their items are totally within an "average" college student's budget.

"Wealthier people are so out of touch with reality…" Who the hell are you to judge? Just because I like more "expensive" things and I know how to shop, you think I'm unrealistic? Don't feed me that BS-- I'm currently working full time, attending a university, paying my own bills, paying my own rent, and yes, while I do get paid more than the "average" college student, I definitely know where my head's at. I know how to budget; I know not to buy certain things that I can't afford; I know how to shop in moderation so that at the end of the day, I'm able to make ends meet. Yeah, totally out of touch with reality, right? My ass.

I'm a poor college student so I have very limited funds to spend on clothing. I honestly recommend going to a thrift store and looking around. You can absolutely find some awesome stuff there. I mostly shop at thrift stores and American Eagle for jeans and on occasion a few other items from there. I understand the whole "not wanting to look like a teenager nor a (professional) adult" look yet. So some stores that I also love, except only shop there every once in a while because it can be pricey, are Urban Outfitters and Anthropologie. Their clothes are funky and cool yet are a bit more grown up. --I've also found alot of Urbanoutfitter's stuff from thrift stores.... so you never known what's going to turn up there :dance:

Whatever you're wearing just be comfortable in the clothes.

Not affordable?? Puh-leeease. Have you even checked out their sale items?? Obviously not, because if you did, you'd realize that their items are totally within an "average" college student's budget.

"Wealthier people are so out of touch with reality…" Who the hell are you to judge? Just because I like more "expensive" things and I know how to shop, you think I'm unrealistic? Don't feed me that BS-- I'm currently working full time, attending a university, paying my own bills, paying my own rent, and yes, while I do get paid more than the "average" college student, I definitely know where my head's at. I know how to budget; I know not to buy certain things that I can't afford; I know how to shop in moderation so that at the end of the day, I'm able to make ends meet. Yeah, totally out of touch with reality, right? My ass.

Yes I have checked out their sale items. When I was in college most people I knew, inlcluding myself (& yes I worked my way though school), could not afford their own place, much less an $80 pair of shoes (which is an average sale price, don't deny it, I check their website all the time). I don't know any middle class people who wear Marc Jacobs either, even on sale. Maybe one piece they splurged on once.

That's great you make good money for your age & manage it well, but you are not the typical college student. It's within your budget, not the typical 20-22 year old's budget.

Anthropologie's prices are actually pretty comparable to A&F's, yet you still think they're unaffordable to the "average" college student??
Anthropologie's prices are actually pretty comparable to A&F's, yet you still think they're unaffordable to the "average" college student??

Possibly the sale prices arent far off from A&F (I've never shopped there), but the typical college student still couldn't afford the majority of what they sell. When I was in college, me & most girls I knew could not spend more than maybe $75 on a WHOLE outfit. Pretty near impossible to do at Anthropologie. And their $20 items are mostly plain tops you could get for $10 at Target. Anything cute & different would cost more & be a splurge item.

The fact is, most of your list was unrealistic. You can get petty & go tit fot tat, but even the girl who started this thread said most of the suggestions were not affordable for her.

No more than $75 on an entire outfit?? When exactly did you attend college? LOL. You make it sound like it was decades ago. Because you most definitely won't be able to buy an entire outfit from A&F for less than $75. And I think everyone agrees that A&F is pretty affordable.
No more than $75 on an entire outfit?? When exactly did you attend college? LOL. You make it sound like it was decades ago. Because you most definitely won't be able to buy an entire outfit from A&F for less than $75. And I think everyone agrees that A&F is pretty affordable.

I graduated 2 years ago from a private design school.

Your "lol" shows your attitude. People with money often sneer at those with less, dont they.

Also, I was lucky if I had money to shop once a month. Maybe some do have more than that, but I wasnt around many who did.

And no, many dont find A&F affordable; example: a large thread was made in the lounge on A&F & most said it was too expensive & overpriced.

LOL. Getting a little defensive, aren't we? That's totally fine. You can assume all you want about me because I seriously couldn't care less.
LOL. Getting a little defensive, aren't we? That's totally fine. You can assume all you want about me because I seriously couldn't care less.

If that's your best, then I guess I am right. This conversation is cloooosed.

um its alot easier if ur not a brand wh#$re

H&M and Uniqlo is obviously affordable...

brand name stuff is fine but if u ONLY go for brand name stuff then you dont find much

cuz AF doesnt change their stuff that often ):

Wow..didnt know my post was still alive lol , umm thanks everyone for replying and giving me advices and tips

I actually managed to stop shopping there as much , I've been shopping jeans from Guess and some cute tops from there as well , and i still go to A&F when I find cute tops there as well which are good for summer...

wet seal and forever 21 are crap for me , at times they have good stuff...but their quality isnt as good , i bought this black dress for work and ugh..i wish i didnt spend the money i did on it...seriously i regret it , but their accessories arent bad =)

I think iam not stuck to one store or two anymore , my style though still simple and casual and maybe a little more dressy..nothing big (i hate being too dressy anyway) , but i think thats my style..after all no matter what i try.