Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
prtyblueyes

Good gentle cleanser with no SLS?

Can anyone reccomend something? I'm using cetaphil right now and im pretty sure the SLS in it is making my skin very irrated. Body washes with SLS give me rashes as well. I hate sensitive skin...

I am using the regimen suggested here and use Purpose soap. It is gentle and effective. I'm using the 2.5% BP. I used the Neutrogena On-the-Spot but then switched to prescription because my insurance will cover it. I am ecstatic over the dramatic improvement. I also use the tea tree oil touch-up stick that I purchased at The Body Shop. It is also very good. I use it in the morning instead of the BP since the BP is so very drying. I also apply Neutrogena Sensitive Skin Oil-free Moisturizer.

My skin has cleared completely. I am so happy. I had been so frustrated and embarrassed by how my skin was looking--multiple big, red, inflamed zits. I didn't have a skin problem in my teens--this has all been a recent development in my mid-20s. What a shock! (I may have PCOS, or at the very least, pretty much fit the profile, and acne is a frequent problem for sufferers.) I'm so glad I found this site. I had first tried antibiotics after going to the dermatologist. That helped a little, but taking antibiotics long term has its own drawbacks like resistence and yeast infections. Once you stop the antibiotics, it all returns. BP and tea tree oil have been answers to prayer! I am so grateful.

Phisoderm Deep Cleanser for Sensitve Skin contains sodium laurETH sulfate which is derived from coconut which is cosidered gentle and effective. Sodium lauRYL sufate can cause allergic reactions, and is considered an irritant. That being said i do use the Phiso for senstive as described above works for me and i have VERY sensitive skin, it does not contain frangrance. Hope this helps.

some of my favorites: Aveeno clear complexion cleanser, Aveeno cleansing lotion, Beauty w/out Cruelty cleansing milk, Neutrogena deep clean gentle scrub cleanser, J/A/S/O/N satin soap (not actually soap), J/A/S/O/N EFA shampoo (it's very, very gentle w/ no pore clogging ingredients and it's 1 less bottle in the shower). -- none of these has anything harsher than SLES (no SLS or ammonium sulfates), and most of them don't even have SLES as the main surfactant.

Nucelle's mandelic acid cleanser is very gentle and SLS free. You can get it from skincarex.com. It's only $11 per bottle. My bottle lasts between 3-4 months. I use it generously twice/day.

It's the best cleanser I've ever used. It's exfoliating but non drying and very very gentle. My whole family love it.

I don't know what SLS is either, but I don't think what I use has it. I use AcneGon from Symbiotics (see www.symbiotics.com), which I get at a local health food store. It has allantoin, which tends to remove dead skin, so I have less flaking. It's very gentle but it takes my makeup off at night. I paid $12 about three months ago and still have some; regular price is about $15.

I can't recommend either...cos I've never used them. But I am always on the look out.

http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp...BUY-PLST-0-SRCH

ShiKai Dermaceutical Formulation

Purifying Facial Cleanser for Delicate and Sensitive Skin

6 fl oz (175 ml)

Aloe Vera Gel, Water, Sodium Cocopolyglucose tartrate, Cocoamidopropylbetaine, TEA Cocoyl Glutamate, Cocoamide DEA, Methylparaben, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Fragrance

http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp...randFilter=7836

Aveeno

Skin Replenishing Cleansing Lotion with Soy Extract, Fragrance Free

6.7 fl oz (200 ml)

Water, Glycerin, Caprlic/Capric Triglyceride, Isohexadecane, PEG-20 Almond Glycerides, PEG-16 Soy Sterol, PEG-20 Methyl Glucose Sesquistearate, Stearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Ricinoleate, Cetyl Alcohol, Methyl Glucose Sesquistearate, TEA-cocoyl glutamate, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Tetrasodium EDTA, Chamomile (anthemis nobilis) Extract, Quaternium-15