Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hokay, so here's the deal. I have been on the regimen for almost 3 weeks and I was not liking my moisturizer, Neutrogena Oil-Free SPF 15. It just was not doing it for me, my face was red and flaky. I have started using Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion which is doing a much better job (so far), and it's not even making my skin greasy or anything.

The problem is, there's no spf. And it is just starting to get damn sunny outside, and if i have a moisturizer that doesn't make my face red, but has no spf, then my face is going to just get red from the sun and that just will not do. I hear the Cetaphil with spf blows. What do you guys suggest? Is there a good, light sunscreen that I could, like, put over it or something for everyday use, or should I just use a different moisturizer that already has spf? If so, which one would you suggest? Thanks in advance.

Hokay, so here's the deal. I have been on the regimen for almost 3 weeks and I was not liking my moisturizer, Neutrogena Oil-Free SPF 15. It just was not doing it for me, my face was red and flaky. I have started using Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion which is doing a much better job (so far), and it's not even making my skin greasy or anything.

The problem is, there's no spf. And it is just starting to get damn sunny outside, and if i have a moisturizer that doesn't make my face red, but has no spf, then my face is going to just get red from the sun and that just will not do. I hear the Cetaphil with spf blows. What do you guys suggest? Is there a good, light sunscreen that I could, like, put over it or something for everyday use, or should I just use a different moisturizer that already has spf? If so, which one would you suggest? Thanks in advance.

Guest WhiteWater

If you look in the product/treatment ratings section under moisturizers with SPF (not under the recommended section), there are a couple of sunblocks that are highly rated up there, Neutrogena UltraSheer Dry Touch is one of them. Those would be good to try using over the Cetaphil.

Actually the Neutrogena UltraSheer was the exact thing I was thinking of. And seeing as so far your advice has worked out almost perfectly for me, Kim, I will trust you and probably start using that. Thanks again everyone!